Best Place to Post/Sell Gibson LP?

Wildman

Reaction score
Hey All,
What's your opinion on reverb vs fb marketplace vs craigslist. Where's the best place to sell currently?

Thanks!

Wildman

Reaction score
What is it you're trying to sell and where are you trying to sell it?
1994 Gibson LP Studio- as far as where? I'm still trying to decide if packaging and shipping are worth it- or should I only sell local....

gitmohair

Reaction score
Doubtful if it's worth selling it internationally, I'm guessing you're in the US? You could try the "Members Classified" section, you'll probably also get good advice there on the "is it worth shipping it" bit.

Wildman

Reaction score
Doubtful if it's worth selling it internationally, I'm guessing you're in the US? You could try the "Members Classified" section, you'll probably also get good advice there on the "is it worth shipping it" bit.
Thank you sir- very helpful...

01GT Eibach

Reaction score
If you live in a good size city, CL is a good option too.

Last edited:

Dilver

Reaction score
Always better to sell local as long as you live in a relatively safe area. Shipping a guitar always involves some degree of risk in damage, lost packages, wrong addresses, etc. I’ve bought and sold gear off of Facebook marketplace without issue, but I tend to abide by the rule, if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

I‘ve also bought and sold gear off the classifieds here on MLP and have had positive experiences with some very cool people who were great to deal with.

Wildman

Reaction score
Always better to sell local as long as you live in a relatively safe area. Shipping a guitar always involves some degree of risk in damage, lost packages, wrong addresses, etc. I’ve bought and sold gear off of Facebook marketplace without issue, but I tend to abide by the rule, if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.
I sold a vehicle through marketplace- but it was like sifting through a lot of garbage to find a serious buyer. Did you experience the same with gear? How do you sift through the junk?

Dilver

Reaction score
I sold a vehicle through marketplace- but it was like sifting through a lot of garbage to find a serious buyer. Did you experience the same with gear? How do you sift through the junk?
Selling a vehicle is always going to involve more low ballers and resellers, probably more than any other category. Best thing to do is to be clear in your ad - “No low ball offers and no trades, please” (don’t know if you’re open to trades, but if so, state what you‘re interested in). Also, on Facebook marketplace, you can usually do a search on the individual inquiring about your sale. Go to their FB page and if they only have a post or two, you know it’s sketchy. Most people have pics of friends, family, pets, gear, vacations, etc. You can even google them or look them up on LinkedIn to learn more about them, where they live, etc.

Also, you can always post here first, and see if anyone is local to you. You never know…

dc007

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Done ok with marketplace. My response is I'll listen to offers after you see the guitar. That usually gets rid of most tire kickers

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your guitar is fake…
mail it to me and I’ll dispose of it…
im a nice, honest guy so I’ll pay for shipping :h5:

-chris

Latest Threads