Best Peter Green Humbucker Set

AJK1

Reaction score
I have an old Les Paul with Seth Lovers as well. I also flipped the neck magnet a couple of weeks ago and the guitar now nails the Peter Green oop sounds in the middle switch position, with many variations available with minor adjustments to the two volume controls. Just what I was hoping for. Cost nothing but 15 minutes and a string change. Easy to reverse but I'm not planning to change it back. I'm thinking any low wind PAF style pickups, especially if unpotted, would work great as well.
Yep, unpotted as there’s no wax to deal with and also PAFs weren’t potted

Last edited:

ARandall

Reaction score
^ You're well known here for your comments based on complete ignorance......just like this one. You do yourself no favours by keeping on proving it.

EL-34

Reaction score
I post facts. Stop sipping the gonzo kool aid for your own good.

What was the question asked in post #1?

What was my answer?

Keep cranking out those awesome covers and stay in the slow lane of life.

MiniB

Reaction score
I post facts. Stop sipping the gonzo kool aid for your own good.

What was the question asked in post #1?

What was my answer?

Keep cranking out those awesome covers and stay in the slow lane of life.
If I may, I think the point was that even though Duncan, like other custom makers listed, makes a Greeny pickup, he wasn't the individual who actually wound/rewound/rewired Green's original pickups if we were to understand your followup post asking if/why he didn't get any 'love'. I'm sure they work and sound great, but I believe that aforementioned part about winding is what was being questioned. I don't remember ever reading or hearing about Seymour Duncan himself winding or working on Green's original 'Burst. He would have been, what, 17-18 at the time? But if you do have some info about it, please do link it if you can. I just never heard of an actual connection between them. Later with Moore, maybe?

Last edited:

Duane_the_tub

Reaction score
Around 7 years ago when an order from Dave Stephens was about to be filled, he offered me a PG variant of his HD VL61 pickups. I was conservative and stuck with the normal polarity scheme.

Been a long time since I dealt with him, so I have no idea what his current schedule looks like.
I have a Stephens Design PG in the neck of my #1 and it's magnificent. Dave knows what he's doing.

snapper818

Reaction score
I just flipped the magent on my neck pickup. I have a 2017 plus top pro with probuckers , in the middle position I get that sweet sweet outta phase tone.. very happy with my mod.

Latest Threads