Best Pedalboard Power Supply?

General Disarray

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been looking for a power supply for my pedal board and there seems to be a lot available over a vast range of prices so I thought it best to ask first before I spend.

I only have a few pedals (budda bud wah, EHX Small Stone, Boss TU2, Boss DD-4) but need to power supply to be universal to fit all these.

I've been looking at the Burkey Flatliner SIX
Burkey Flatliner SIX pedal board power supply - Free UK Delivery - Vision Guitars UK

Do you guys have any other ideas?

sapi

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been looking for a power supply for my pedal board and there seems to be a lot available over a vast range of prices so I thought it best to ask first before I spend.

I only have a few pedals (budda bud wah, EHX Small Stone, Boss TU2, Boss DD-4) but need to power supply to be universal to fit all these.

Burkey Flatliner SIX pedal board power supply - Free UK Delivery - Vision Guitars UK

Looks great - isolated outputs, etc. I'm lookin for one to feed my Digitech Whammy at 9vac and 1300mA!

MJG

Reaction score
Pedalboards, Pedal Board Cases, Effects Pedal Power Supplies and the Finest Hand-built British Guitar Amplifiers by Diago - Pedal Power

Check this out. I have heard nothing but good reviews for this and I need a power supply myself so was planning on getting this.

I actually saw a guy in a local bar using one to power his board and he raved about it.

There is a list of all the pedals it can power on the site. I think all of yours are compatible. If not they also make a range of adaptors/extensions.

lifele55

Reaction score
Boss DD-4

I think you meant DD-3? Lol.. :D

The flatliner looks good but IMO a little bit expensive for those looking for something simple to power up their boards.

I'd go with either the PP2+ / Trex Fuel Tank Jr / BBE SupaCharger.

General Disarray

Reaction score
I think you meant DD-3? Lol.. :D

The flatliner looks good but IMO a little bit expensive for those looking for something simple to power up their boards.

I'd go with either the PP2+ / Trex Fuel Tank Jr / BBE SupaCharger.

I actually meant DD-7 but good catch there... small slip of the fingers! :)

Thanks to everyone for your input!

What are the advantages of the PP2 over something like the unit MJG posted?

Jackson50

Reaction score
The voodoo is nice, but I think the best is the T-Rex Fueltank Classic followed by Burkey's Flatliner.

lifele55

Reaction score
I actually meant DD-7 but good catch there... small slip of the fingers! :)

Thanks to everyone for your input!

What are the advantages of the PP2 over something like the unit MJG posted?
I was reading the specs on that site and if it really does what it says it will (power Line6 modelers and provide 18V) then that really looks like a great unit..

General Disarray

Reaction score
Well, I went with the popular vote and got the PP2.

The funny thing is, apart from the controller for my Dual Rec, it's the most expensive thing on my pedal board! :)

I suppose you gets what you pays for!

Thanks for the help all!

zappa1777

Reaction score
The voodoo is nice, but I think the best is the T-Rex Fueltank Classic followed by Burkey's Flatliner.

The T Rex fuel tank classic doesnt have any isolation between the 9 volt outputs. This makes noise. It cant do 18 volts and it cant power Line 6 or Eventide pedals. There is no contest. PP2

Jorbissian

Reaction score
Hi All,

G'day !
The first thing you have to check is the power inputs on your pedals, are they negative center or positive center ?
The pedals of one brand as against another might have different polarity.
For negative center I'd recommend the 1 Spot by Trutone, it does from 1 up to 8 pedals & has adaptors for old pedals that only run on batteries.
Cheers mate !

Latest Threads