Best Pedalboard Power Supplies

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
10,000 mAh phone charger battery....
and some cables and voltage converter and some ingenuity.
Same here, although i use mine to power a harley benton power plant as it gives me 9, 12 and 18v outputs on one system.

Skit

Witch Doctor
Reaction score
1638951779638.png

mikekim

Reaction score
10,000 mAh phone charger battery....
and some cables and voltage converter and some ingenuity.
I normally use GigRig power for my boards.

Fantastic modular system expandable for any size board - totally silent

2pQaid.jpg

7WvJsm.jpg

power chain is.
generator into 6 way distributor.
distributor feeds high current / voltage adaptors, timelord (mobius) , supa nova (compressor) and isolator which provides 4x isolated outputs

My practice board is a mix of GigRig and Anker 21000 mah powerbank
rpW4ht.jpg

rm20Sw.jpg

Anker Powerbank
lil Moxie 5v - 9v convertor
GigRig Isolator
GigRig Virutal battery (for Fuzz)

Ph03n1x

Reaction score
The best power supply & what I have on my board.

CIOKOLATE – CIOKS

Is this one using the switching technology of the DC7? I can't remember but I thought it was torroidal. Their naming system is not very obvious. I ordered a DC7 recently but it is on backorder. Damn Prymaxe. I get suckered in by their discounts and then end up waiting 10x longer because they don't get stuff in stock in a timely manner.

cousingrandpa

Reaction score
Is this one using the switching technology of the DC7? I can't remember but I thought it was torroidal. Their naming system is not very obvious. I ordered a DC7 recently but it is on backorder. Damn Prymaxe. I get suckered in by their discounts and then end up waiting 10x longer because they don't get stuff in stock in a timely manner.

This is from their front page for the power supply
  • 16 outlets configured in 12 isolated sections
  • Two toroidal transformers with additional electromagnetic field shielding
  • 4 powerful DC sections, three with 400mA each and one with 600mA
  • 2 powerful AC sections with 800mA each and voltages 9, 12 and 16V AC
  • Two 15V outlets for Radial Tonebone pedals
  • Possibility of 18 or 24V with 100mA from a single outlet
  • One outlet with adjustable voltage in the range 4-15V
  • Will power a vintage 40V Electro-Harmonix pedal with Stack Flex (15V+24V)
  • Short circuit protection of all outlets
  • Advanced LED monitoring of each isolated section
  • 120 or 230V mains voltage operation
  • Total of 24 Flex cables included
  • Split Flex for powering two pedals of one outlet included
  • 3-way daisy chain Flex powering 3 pedals of one outlet included
  • Two types of Stack Flex making a series connection (adding voltages of two outlets) included
  • Flex cable for Electro-Harmonix vacuum tube pedals included
  • Compatible with Pedaltrain and Temple Audio pedalboards
  • Two mounting brackets and all pedalboard mounting hardware included

Gryphon

Reaction score
MXR ISO-Brick as it has loads of isolated outputs at a variety of voltages, including 18v and adjustable volts.

Noting that it didn't come with any mounting brackets for any board, I had to fabricate a couple of velcro covered spacers to fit it under my Pedaltrain Classic Jr. With that done, it sits underneath perfectly.

PXL_20211118_184338057.jpg

VictorB

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
My smaller board has a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 Plus and my larger board has a Strymon Zuma.

none2low

Reaction score
I like the Truetone 1Spot pro CS6 for a small, low profile setup. Or if you have a larger board the 1Spot pro CS7 or CS12 are great options as well.

redking

Reaction score
For a pro quality pedalboard, the best solution I have seen is @Freddy G 's rig. Strymon Ojai (I think) plugged into a custom loom with the Ojai transformer mounted back behind the amp so there is zero noise / interference at the pedalboard. I think I am going to go this route too.

redking

Reaction score
I normally use GigRig power for my boards.

Fantastic modular system expandable for any size board - totally silent

2pQaid.jpg

7WvJsm.jpg

power chain is.
generator into 6 way distributor.
distributor feeds high current / voltage adaptors, timelord (mobius) , supa nova (compressor) and isolator which provides 4x isolated outputs

My practice board is a mix of GigRig and Anker 21000 mah powerbank
rpW4ht.jpg

rm20Sw.jpg

Anker Powerbank
lil Moxie 5v - 9v convertor
GigRig Isolator
GigRig Virutal battery (for Fuzz)
That is nice and tidy!! How long does it take to charge the Anker power supply and how long does it last?

TXOldRedRocker

Tech pays the bills. Not a fan of tech.
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
For a pro quality pedalboard, the best solution I have seen is @Freddy G 's rig. Strymon Ojai (I think) plugged into a custom loom with the Ojai transformer mounted back behind the amp so there is zero noise / interference at the pedalboard. I think I am going to go this route too.

I have sheet copper. It gets screwed down between the power supplies and the bottom of the pedal boards. Works well. The cutouts are larger than the footprint of the supply itself so nothing sneaks around the edges or where the cables plug into the supply.

mikekim

Reaction score
That is nice and tidy!! How long does it take to charge the Anker power supply and how long does it last?
the Anker takes about 4 hours to fully charge and I've had well over 30 hours use from one charge

redking

Reaction score
the Anker takes about 4 hours to fully charge and I've had well over 30 hours use from one charge
How long will the Anker hold a charge while it's not being used? Does it's charge dissipate after a few days of sitting in the case or does it have some resilience? I've never used one of these battery packs before. thanks :)

KelvinS1965

Reaction score
I use a battery powered one as well, with a USB connector to charge it (so could be used in reverse to charge a phone apparently). Mine lasts for a week or two of practicing at home, but I always give it a boost before a gig. I can plug it in and use it if I need to, but I find that if the charge has gone too low that doesn't work and it needs a short boost before I can run it from the mains.

I've taken my 'board to open mics, so it's really handy not having to mess around with plugging in power supplies: I just plug my short lead from guitar to 'board and the house guitar lead goes to the output of my 'board. Usually though I just play through whatever amp/pedals they provide so as not to appear to be a 'diva'. :)

Latest Threads