Best Pedal Multi Power Unit

SheffPaul

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Am adding a few pedals to my board and thinking a multi-power unit would be a good idea.

Which ones would you recommend? Are the SoundLab ones any good?

SP

epilespaul2000

Reaction score
Just a few of the most popular ones.

Buy BBE Supa-Charger Guitar Pedal Power Supply | Guitar & Bass Effects Power Supplies | Musician's Friend <-- Has a lot of voltage options. My personal favorite.

Buy Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+ Power Supply | Guitar & Bass Effects Power Supplies | Musician's Friend <-- People like the sag options. Has a separate electrical output in the back that can power other things (up to a certain extent)

Buy T-Rex 9V Fuel Tank Junior Guitar Effects Pedal Power Supply | Guitar & Bass Effects Power Supplies | Musician's Friend <-- Small, cheap, and effective for what it is. No isolated grounds, however.

Buy T-Rex Fuel Tank Power Supply | Guitar & Bass Effects Power Supplies | Musician's Friend <-- Has a ton of outputs. Again, no isolated grounds.

SheffPaul

Reaction score
Great - thanks for those. Like the look of the Supa-Charger.

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
i love the voodoo lab. it has switchable voltages (9 or 12VDC, via dipswitches on the bottom) as well as the sag. it's super quiet.

Leendrix

The Cheeky One
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

Don't bother with the others! This thing rocks!

sidepartings26

Reaction score
Undoubtedly the T-Rex Chameleon

Channels 1-3, and 5 are selectable between 9VDC and 12VDC (and you can daisy chain up to 5 pedals off each too)

Channel 4 is selectable between 9VDC and 18VDC (there are also cables to bridge other 9VDC together for more 18VDC (although not isolated then).

Channel 6 is 12VAC.

Alll channels are isolated.

Talk about versaitility. I'm concvinced this is the best supply:

FuelTank Chameleon - T-Rex effects Products

ehamady6

Reaction score
I use the Voodoo Lab PP2. Don't cut corners when it comes to a power supply's quality. Using it in conjunction with Boss pedals that each power 7 other pedals has worked out great for me. I hide the power supply and cables in my wedge pedalboard for a clean look and wired a power jack to it for quick and easy plug-n-play setup:

SheffPaul

Reaction score
Thanks for all your advice, guys, really helpful.

Am liking the Voodoo Lab PP2 - bit pricey, but I think it is worth it for a soild, reliable one.

Deftone

Reaction score
I use the Voodoo Lab PP2. Don't cut corners when it comes to a power supply's quality. Using it in conjunction with Boss pedals that each power 7 other pedals has worked out great for me. I hide the power supply and cables in my wedge pedalboard for a clean look and wired a power jack to it for quick and easy plug-n-play setup:

+1 on the VoodDoo lab. :thumb:

tolm

Bigsby Junkie
Reaction score
I use a Cioks/Eventide PowerFactor. I bought it because I needed a combination of 12V and 9V supplies and wanted everything isolated if at all possible to avoid noise. It was probably overkill but coming from a £36 PSU that was causing me noise issues I figured I might as well do it properly rather than do it twice.

T-Rex Chameleon is also pretty darned good but the Cioks won for me due to more isolated outputs and a thinner form-factor to fit under my 'board.

Nicky

On The Road Less Traveled
Reaction score
I still use the old, reliable Dunlop Brick. It's got seven 9v and three 18v outs. Perfect for my setup.

Latest Threads