Best pedal for classic Marshall crunch

p90rules

Reaction score
So my set up is primarily an old tokai Strat with old bill Lawrence L220 stacked humbuckers in.... I use a fulltone OCD which is great for the cleaner drive sounds .. Hendrix Stones etc, but also looking to add a pedal that can do the Marshall crunch thing.. The songs we play that call for that sound are typically Black Betty Ram Jam.. White Wedding...Free / Kossoff tones ... Mick Ronson ... Ziggy Stardust ..
Hope you get the picture ...
Anyways all comments appreciated guys

p90rules

Reaction score
I prob could but I use the semi clean, crunch tones with the OCD..Be good to be able to jump on another pedal for the songs that need the sound I'm after .... Ideally a LP and a Marshall amp would be the answer but that's not my rig. Not yet anyway ..

BanditPanda

Reaction score
I've had the 3 channel Carl Martin Plexitone which was ok but sold it .
I now have 3 on my board now being: Ramble FX Marvel Drive 3 which is very very good.
JHS Charlie Brown which does the JTM45 and is very,very good sounding and versatile.
Aura Brown Sugar which is good providing a palette of Marshall tones .
BP

flamesarewicked

Reaction score
Lots of cool choices out there... Bogner La Grange and Lovepedal Purple Plexi are excellent options ..

monty john

Reaction score
I have the JHS Angry Charlie...always puts a smile on my face when I step on it....reminds me of Angus...also does a convincing EVH type of tone....its says in the manual JCM 800 so there ya go!!!

p90rules

Reaction score
As mentioned in my previous post ... Kossoff, Ram Jam, Mick Ronson.... Thin Lizzy ... I'm unable to turn up

morbidalex666

Reaction score
On the affordable side:
Tone city Golden Plexi (SLP to JCM territory)
TC Electronic Dark Matter (more JTM)

AJK1

Reaction score
Well i've wasted lots of money on so called Marshall pedals, i've owned most of the well known ones, but i can tell you i bought the Friedman BE-OD and it is a true Marshall in a box, i play all classic rock including Free, Bad Company, Bowie/Ronson Thin Lizzy etc and this is the only pedal that does it spot on
It has an internal trim pot that allows you to turn down the gain even more so it is really flexible in that regard
The other good thing about it is it has a bass knob, which is great for giving you a fat full tone
Don't waste your money on anything else

AJK1

Reaction score
The BE pedal is great.. You can go from lower gain to a full on metal tone...

If more a vintage vibe is what ya seek.. I just came across this on YouTube

Doesn't sound anything like what the OP is after ?