Best MODS for a Blackheart Handsome Devil

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Hey there everyone.

I wanted to make some mods to my Blackheart Handsome Devil amp, so please post some of the best mods you have made to your Handsome Devil and tell me how well the mod worked.

I would like to get closer to a Marshall SL5/JCM 800 kind of tone as well as taking out some of the looseness of the bottom end to make it a little tighter of a tone. It would also be great to have a boost switch for some more gain if possible, that can also be jumped on by a foot switch.

Let me know what you have done to your HD, why you did it and how the mod turned out. :dude:

wrc73

Reaction score
PM board member TWANG, he knows the Blackheart amps really well and has modded several, including my BH5H.

TWANG

Reaction score
I have to make supper so.. short reply for now.

You can use the marshall 1974X as a basis for your mods.
there are differences in many places.. it's a different circuit.. but you can
still hit some changes that are nice.

I have one done this way. I'll have to go over the pics and figure out what I did as the final changes.
It's got much more gain.. and the tone is better clean to overdrive.. response/character both improved.

You can change some cap values.. cutting or otherwise moving about highs and lows and mids.. along with some resistors.
Like any amp. get voltages correct, set bias..
tune the preamp..which means tighten the lows which you want.
The gain jump could be on the footswitch.. I didn't, I just added the gain. Thickened it up.

Back off guitar volume for clean.

I'm hungry, here's a pic

DSCI0084.jpg

Latest Threads