Best Houston, TX Les Paul/Gibson Luthier

TXOldRedRocker

Reaction score
For those Les Paul owners in the Houston, TX area, who would you say is the best Luthier in the area for Gibson electric guitars? I've done all my own work, complete tear down and rebuilds, all electronics, etc. But now I have something I want an expert to do.

Thanks in advance for your help!

windsen

Reaction score
Ron Pace does excellent fret work. I had him refret my 1956 LP Special and a 1960 ES-330. Amazing job with both.. I have read some reviews noting poor communication but I have always had excellent experiences with him.

I've had good experiences with Danny D in League City as well. I have since moved to the Cypress area and am working on a project with Kevin at Great Southern Music based on recommendations previously.

TXOldRedRocker

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm looking at non-standard electronics work. I too live in Cypress. I know Kevin, and he knows me. I've yet to ask him about the project. I've purchased a guitar and a number of other pieces of equipment from him. Though every time I'm in there, he's working on acoustic guitars.

Ron Pace does excellent fret work. I had him refret my 1956 LP Special and a 1960 ES-330. Amazing job with both.. I have read some reviews noting poor communication but I have always had excellent experiences with him.

I've had good experiences with Danny D in League City as well. I have since moved to the Cypress area and am working on a project with Kevin at Great Southern Music based on recommendations previously.

windsen

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm looking at non-standard electronics work. I too live in Cypress. I know Kevin, and he knows me. I've yet to ask him about the project. I've purchased a guitar and a number of other pieces of equipment from him. Though every time I'm in there, he's working on acoustic guitars.
Ah ok. He is doing a refret for me on a Gibson electric. Will let you know how it goes. Good luck with your search!

TXOldRedRocker

Reaction score
@TXOldRedRocker , just an update - Kevin did a fantastic refret job on my old 335. I am very pleased and would highly recommend.
Thanks. I appreciate you making the effort to up date me! I was in Kevin's shop two days ago. Not for Luthier work though. Kevin is an absolute great guy. I also met with Yano at Fuller Guitar. He seems fantastic when it come to electronics. I saw some of his work. I also saw who was bringing in their electric guitars to him for work. There were some electrics in there worth $50K and up. His wiring kits he has ready to go, due to volume, are as perfect as anything people mention here.

windsen

Reaction score
Thanks. I appreciate you making the effort to up date me! I was in Kevin's shop two days ago. Not for Luthier work though. Kevin is an absolute great guy. I also met with Yano at Fuller Guitar. He seems fantastic when it come to electronics. I saw some of his work. I also saw who was bringing in their electric guitars to him for work. There were some electrics in there worth $50K and up. His wiring kits he has ready to go, due to volume, are as perfect as anything people mention here.
Yano is great! I've purchased many times from Fullers. Great shop, great folks.

Latest Threads