Best Guitar Strap?

ktj

Reaction score
I'm partial to the Levy's stretch straps. Especially with, my Les Paul, also have one for my SGJ. I find it to be super comfortable and takes a bit of the weight off.

SFK

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Eldorado makes really nice stuff.

I alternate between a couple of their Gator straps and I also really like the Fender Vintage straps.

I have a bunch of those.

Jeri Hart makes some cool stuff as well.

bluesriffdev

Reaction score
I love the LM Products straps.

I recently bought the 'Mom Jean' strap and I love it:

Works really great on blonde guitars. I also wanted to get the 'Desert Denim' strap but I couldn't find a supplier who would ship to Australia for a non-exorbitant price.

moreles

Reaction score
Yow! The Thread that Shall Not Die. IMO, Moody's were the best leather strap, period. El Dorado are ridiculously stiff --not supple at all -- though visually very nice. I've had virtually all the others names here, and they're all fine. Moody straps are the only ones that seemed a notch above, to me. For the last few years, I've gotten away from leather straps and have found some really excellent straps at Jaycko. Read about them via Nels Cline, who is always right!

Veeing Fly

Reaction score
A wide leather strap with either a) a smooth back, for movability and not bunching up your shirt, or b) a suede-ish back, esp if your guitar is neck-heavy. Brand and details are up to you. I use these Takamine straps they gave away in 2015:
takaminestrap.jpg

Latest Threads