Best Guitar Strap Storage?

poncho

Banned
Reaction score
Simple

Only have one, and it goes in the case when yer done

HenryHill

Reaction score
I thought I remembered this but I wasn't sure if I was just full of shit and that's why I mentioned my using Schallers. :laugh2:

I just don't have any extras and I gotta think I can't just by the extra buttons I'd need to do it cheaply. :hmm:

I do have a bunch of extra plain strap buttons though. :laugh2:

Wait, wasn't there some guy here a while back, several months or close to a year maybe, who was going to come up with some new system?

What am I trying to remember, it was strap locks right? :hmm:

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I roll them up individually, put a rubber band around them and throw them in one of several gig bags. There they wait patiently for me to choose one, which I will use for the next "foreseeable future" as my one & only.

Right now, I am using a GSL5 strap for all my playing. It's fitted with a Shure wireless transmitter. So, I don't switch straps - I switch guitars. I just pop the Schallers, leaving the strap across my shoulders and exchange one guitar for another. Pretty easy and after doing it for a while, it come naturally.

When I tire of that strap, it'll get a rubber band. Then, another strap will come out of the bag to replace it. Or, maybe I'll just buy a new one :D

AngryHatter

Reaction score
On my music stand - you guys have them, right?

And each guitar has one on at the moment.

BornToLooze

Reaction score
I have a bunch of spare straps...somewhere. I have all my cases leaned up against the wall and my straps are on top of them, and whatever my main guitar is at the moment the strap is on top of my amp.

Lord High Warlock

L + U + E = 42
Reaction score
I recently took over my daughter's old room, and made it my music room / spare bedroom. Because she was a teen, it's got holes galore in all the walls. So, I took one of them, nailed a picture hanger into it, and hang my strap on that via the Schaller on the end of the strap.

Paracelsian

Reaction score
each guitar has it's own strap attached and it stays on the guitar.

Buying a new Dimazrio clip-lock strap is part of the guitar buying process for me, they're all I really use.

(unless I start making my own leather ones, which I've been considering lately. Something cool with metal buckles. :thumb: )
Yep. I make mine out of my old CAS/SASS gun belts, no strap locks. They get screwed right into the guitar with a combo of nylon and SS washers. Makes it a PIA first time you have to put them in a case but thats pretty easily overcome (worst case scenario just unhook the strap at the buckle). Yeah the brass buckles look pretty good, offer infinite adjustability, and give the strap a nice hefty/solid feel (the leather is about 3/16" thick so that adds heft as well). If need be you can smack a f'r with the strap rather than the fiddle.
The downside is the price, the last one I did for my V has $200 of hand-tooled Mernickle awesomeness but its better than having them just hanging on a wall not getting used.

Latest Threads