Best Guitar Strap Storage?

HenryHill

Reaction score
I've seen some examples here before, but trying to now search for these terms would be impossible due to the number of hits I'd get in a search query.

I've accumulated enough extra straps that they aren't accessible if put away with extra git gear, so show me or link me to what the easiest, cleanest integration of a method to have access and storage would be.

What comes to mind is a tie rack and it seems to be less than what I guess some here have utilized. I doubt this comes into play, but it might; I use Shaller strap locks on everything.

TA462

Reaction score
I've got mine hanging on a wooden hanger on the wall.

James R

Reaction score
Coat hangers?

Edit: ^ beat me to it.

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Mine hang off metal hooks I installed at one end of a bookcase... buncha cords dangling from those hooks as well...

--R

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
each guitar has it's own strap attached and it stays on the guitar.

Buying a new Dimazrio clip-lock strap is part of the guitar buying process for me, they're all I really use.

(unless I start making my own leather ones, which I've been considering lately. Something cool with metal buckles. :thumb: )

HenryHill

Reaction score
each guitar has it's own strap attached and it stays on the guitar.

Buying a new Dimazrio clip-lock strap is part of the guitar buying process for me, they're all I really use.

(unless I start making my own leather ones, which I've been considering lately. Something cool with metal buckles. :thumb: )
Yeah, I've got one dimarzio, and a few nice leather ones, I've just not settled on a one for all system yet.

Just keeping a strap fastened to them all has crossed by mind, but that kinda obligates they stay out of the cases, and I'm not down with that right now; there's currently 5 gits.

The thrown them in the corner invites cat issues, for me, the hooks on something else I've considered, as in mounting them on a router'd board, and mounting to a wall, but I was wondering if there was any type of commercially available fix for this as well.

Making one of oak and routering it has to wait until better weather for me.

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Just keeping a strap fastened to them all has crossed by mind, but that kinda obligates they stay out of the cases, and I'm not down with that right now; there's currently 5 gits.
All mine stay in cases, I just fold the strap over.

Guess it depends on the strap, the case, and the guitar though. :thumb:

GitFiddle

Reaction score
All my LPs stay in their cases when I am not home. I have a separate strap for each one. All my cases stand upright against the wall. I just take each strap and drape it over the top of the case. The strap also doubles as a bit of a pad against the wall.

DADGAD

Reaction score
I just hang them on hooks near the guitars so I have quick access. I choose a particular strap for a certain guitar or a shorter one if I'm being too sloppy. To each his own but I don't know how those guys put their guitar in the case with the strap still on. That's wierd to me.

[/URL][/IMG]

roeg

Reaction score
My guits are all out on stands now that i am master of my own house!:lol:
So straps stay on guitars.

Just bought 3 Gibson Comfort series straps.Sounds like a f^^king geriatric aid!:shock:...And with what they cost(thanks Henry!) there won't be anymore to hang up on a rack!:laugh2:..But great horny toads they are THE most comfortable straps i have ever worn with my Gibby's,that bloody memory foam shoulder pad is amazing.Feels like i had a shoulder massage after playing:wow:....
Then went to home depot and bought a whack of rubber washers...they are locked on to stay.Having these straps means i don't even want to see any of the straps i have in the graveyard,they supercede everything i own....

...but if i HAD to hang my old war beaten faithfuls...a nail in the wall would work for me:D

HenryHill

Reaction score
I could buy another nice guitar for what I'd need in stands to leave 'em all out.

I'm addicted to Hercules.

Smashing the 2" leather ones in the cases still hooked to the gits I can't do.

rcole_sooner

Beach Bum
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine are all on the guitars. Which are all hanging on the walls ... or in floor racks.

:dunno:

Okay, the cheap crappy straps are in a walmart sack shoved in the closet somewhere.

hecube

Reaction score
I just hang them on hooks near the guitars so I have quick access. I choose a particular strap for a certain guitar or a shorter one if I'm being too sloppy. To each his own but I don't know how those guys put their guitar in the case with the strap still on. That's wierd to me.

[/URL][/IMG]
I'm spotting a Jimmy Page fan...

Shadowplayer

Reaction score

[/URL][/IMG]
whered you get those chain link straps?

hecube

Reaction score
There you go. I've got a brown one (as you can see in my pic above)

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jimmy-Deluxe-Leather-Linkstrap-Guitar/dp/B001RXTB7C]GSL5 Jimmy Page Deluxe Leather Linkstrap Guitar Strap: Amazon.co.uk: Musical Instruments[/ame]

DADGAD

Reaction score
whered you get those chain link straps?
Two of the link straps I got on the forum here. My first one was from Stones music when they still made them. The newer ones seem to have a different shaped end piece than Page's. Compare the end of the left link strap to the right one.

I just recently started an affinity with the old ace straps. There is just something to them which I like.

Latest Threads