Best/favorite 2 point trem

smk506

Reaction score
Hey all, I’m having a super strat made up and I’m looking for feedback on 2 point systems, not knowing much about them at all.

I do know I’m not really interested in a Floyd Rose or other double locking unit, and I have a Fender 2 point on my American standard strat and honestly have no complaints about it at all.

I’m leaning towards the Fender since it’s familiar to me, but there are a lot of options from gotoh that look nice, babicz and hipshot also make good looking choices all close enough in price to be a wash. Any feedback or suggestions welcome, thanks.

Meatwad

Reaction score
I have an old American Standard Strat with the 2 point trem.....I like it a lot, although my preference is for the old vintage 6 screw style.

Wilkinson makes good stuff too.

OldBenKenobi

Reaction score
I have a Gotoh 510 on my Warmoth super strat and combined with the locking tuners and Tusq XL nut it stays in tune beautifully.

smk506

Reaction score
I’ve been doing a lot of digging and eventually narrowed it down to the hipshot and the fender American pro.

I’m going with the fender unit, I like mine, I know what to expect from it, and it’s almost 1/2 the price.

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I believe the best sounding two point trem is the Floyd Rose non-fine tuner. I've built almost 60 guitars with that bridge and it is fantastic sounding and feeling. Incredible tuning stability too... no moving parts.... strings are locked in, and saddles are locked down. No slop anywhere.

Latest Threads