Best Color For an LP Custom

What is the best color for a brand new Gibson Les Paul Custom?

• Ebony (Black)

Votes: 65 47.4%
  • Wine Red

Votes: 17 12.4%
  • Alpine White

Votes: 37 27.0%
  • Heritage Cherry Sunburst

Votes: 18 13.1%

• Total voters

zplapplap

Reaction score
There can be only one, Black Beauty!

88925283.jpg

106046504.jpg

"Awesome! Totally awesome!"

As far as color, I like all of them with the exception of the cherryburst.

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I like the white (for many reasons, none of which are associated with Randy Rhoades...). Silverburst is up there as well.

tung

Reaction score
Black Customs have become the rock icon look, I love it nevertheless :dude:

zontar

Reaction score
I like sunbursts--but I associate those with the Standard--so I rule that out--and yes, the other colours look good too, but black is the best colour for them---I just associate them with the black finish--and mine is too. (There is one spot where there's a small chip and you can see a bit of white on it too.)

Although I once played a green Custom--if I'd had the cash to get it--I would have bought it.

jco.1

Reaction score
That's really cool, longbeach. I love the ebony with nickel; not a fan of the gold hardware on black. :dude:

murmel

Reaction score
That's really cool, longbeach. I love the ebony with nickel; not a fan of the gold hardware on black. :dude:

That's what I thought too. When it came to the final decision, I have changed my belief. I took the gold, because it's how a custom was ment to be. Anyway, nickel is supercool on a custom.

LongBeach

Reaction score
thanks guys!
I'll be taking that one with me to the grave.

ehamady6

Reaction score
I think yours is killer bro. I love it, except the Impaler thing, I would have left the les paul custom trc on it. But that is just my opinion..

I would get an ebony one.

No sweat -- I welcome any and all opinions.
I just don't like plastic "trophy shop" trc's and toggle switch poker chips. IMO, they look cheap, boring, and definitely not evil. Anything that reminds me of the engraving on my bowling ball doesn't belong on my #1. But what I dislike most is having what everyone else has. My Impaler trc is made of black metal with silver underneath. The bevel surrounding the trc and my etched design looks chrome. It really pops under the lights and matches my chromed out Custom. But hey, that's just me.

ehamady6-albums-ehamady6-album-picture9543-impaler-trc.jpg

Peter M

Reaction score
Gotta say, the only time I actually like Heritage Cherry Sunburst is on a Custom. The black plastics, gold hardware, and Custom binding really make that color pop.

Latest Threads