Best Color For an LP Custom

What is the best color for a brand new Gibson Les Paul Custom?

• Ebony (Black)

Votes: 65 47.4%
  • Wine Red

Votes: 17 12.4%
  • Alpine White

Votes: 37 27.0%
  • Heritage Cherry Sunburst

Votes: 18 13.1%

• Total voters

Guitarfreak4

Reaction score

The_Sentry

Reaction score
I don't like the cherryburst much either on the customs. Out of the newer colors the one that catches my eye these days is the Alpine White model (although I'd probably lose the black h/w on that.)

My favorite of all time? Vintage sunburst. Ah, 'tis a shame they're no longer available in that sweet, sweet clothing....;)

Wolff

Reaction score
Silverburst of course! :) Out of your choices, then I'd definitely pick ebony(chrome hardware plz).

caltx01

Reaction score
I like the ebony customs, but I had a 1973 Custom with a natural finish on top and dark mahogany back and sides. At first I didn't think I liked it that much but that finish really grew on me. In time I came to regard it as my most attractive guitar.

I let some rockabilly Joe talk me into trading it for a Gretsch 6120 back during the Stray Cats era - what a dang dope I was - sure wish I had it back.

Moral: think long and hard before you trade any Les Paul for the latest fad; fads fade away, Les Pauls appreciate.

Cal in TX

LPinmydreams

Reaction score
I'm different because I like the Cherry sunburst on customs (flame shield) I think that the sunburst combined with black and gold hardware looks beautiful.

ehamady6

Reaction score
Ebony.

ehamady6-albums-ehamady6-album-picture9571-impaler.jpg

les_lover

Reaction score
black, i got one :thumb:

by the way, how do you post pictures without someone having to click on the file to open it?

asher67

Reaction score
I'm a bit biased toward anything red. Cherry Sunburst is my fave on any Gibson, but I think that the Custom looks killer in Wine Red.

GLP4me

Reaction score
Heritage Cherry Sunburst for me. I just don't like the gold hardware.

Latest Threads