best cab for home practice

Reaction score
Im playing a tiny terror through a marshall haze 1x12 and while i like the sound at low volumes, anything cranked past 10 o clock gets really brittle with high gains and my overdrive pedal on (marshall jackhammer) so I want to replace my cab, since I believe that's the problem.

Should I go for a 2x12 or are there better 1x12's out there?

Lurko

Reaction score
I have a 2 X 12 loaded with two dissimilar speakers that go well together (Eminence Swamp Thang -darker- and Eminence Gov. -brighter). I have them both wired to an output jack individually, so that I can use both together (via the dual speaker outs on my amp head) or one at a time. Works great and is more versatile.

rocknhorse1

Reaction score
Why don't you just change the speaker? I would suggest a G12H30. Smooth top end, and very nice when pushed hard. Even better would be a Scumback H55, or H75...They blow anything by Celestian away IMO. More than likely, it's the speaker that's the problem, not the cabinet.

chrisuk

Reaction score
Why don't you just change the speaker? I would suggest a G12H30. Smooth top end, and very nice when pushed hard. Even better would be a Scumback H55, or H75...They blow anything by Celestian away IMO. More than likely, it's the speaker that's the problem, not the cabinet.

This seems the obvious solution to me - change just the driver - keep the cab.

Standard 64

Reaction score
+1 and checkout WGS speakers :)

Reaperc89

Reaction score
Definitely, change the speaker. Warehouse Speakers sound absolutely fantastic, and I would put them up against a pair of high end Celestions any day. Just avoid those crappy "designed by" speakers that you find in lots of low cost lines of cabinets (such as MG, and probably Haze)

Reaction score
awesome, thank you all for the help, I think I'm going to do some speaker research and see what I can find. I heard the crumbacks have a good rep so maybe i'll check those out in comparison to v30s and warehouse speakers. thanks guys!

Latest Threads