Best breweries in your area?

Heisenberg

Reaction score
I absolutely love the breweries in my area. Now that I have a handle on drinking in moderation I want to branch out and try some new brews...ones that come recommended of course. What's your favorite local brews? I say local because there's a great chance they aren't that well known, but could be some of the best beer in the world. Maybe I can search them out, might just get lucky. I'm pretty sure I've tried all the well known ones. :D

In my area there are three main breweries that my buddies and I usually frequent...they are:

Ballast Point:

Stone:

Pizza Port:

Thermionik

Banned
Reaction score
I live in a village called Fulstow, which in Domesday was Fugelstou. For a long time a chap called Phil brewed some most excellent beers here, and we had a stonking brewery.

Sadly no longer in the village, because they moved to the nearest town (the village is very small - only some 550 to 600 residents...), to get the trade, but still bearing the village name, and still brewing those excellent beers - The Fulstow Brewery.

They now only brew for their own brewery tap, "The Gas Lamp Lounge" which is in the same premises. They brew four regular beers, Marsh Mild 3.8%, Fulstow Common 3.8%, Northway IPA 4.2% & Pride of Fulstow 4.5%.

All their beers are genuine cask conditioned beers (they refuse to use conditioning tanks) and are racked directly into casks straight from the fermenter. This keeps the full body with no loss of flavours..

Heisenberg

Reaction score
I live in a village called Fulstow, which in Domesday was Fugelstou. For a long time a chap called Phil brewed some most excellent beers here, and we had a stonking brewery.

Sadly no longer in the village, because they moved to the nearest town (the village is very small - only some 550 to 600 residents...), to get the trade, but still bearing the village name, and still brewing those excellent beers - The Fulstow Brewery.

They now only brew for their own brewery tap, "The Gas Lamp Lounge" which is in the same premises. They brew four regular beers, Marsh Mild 3.8%, Fulstow Common 3.8%, Northway IPA 4.2% & Pride of Fulstow 4.5%.

All their beers are genuine cask conditioned beers (they refuse to use conditioning tanks) and are racked directly into casks straight from the fermenter. This keeps the full body with no loss of flavours..
Damn, I bet that's some incredible beer! I doubt I'd be able to find it in BevMo, but there's this liquor store down the street from my house that carries some really obscure stuff. I'll be on the lookout for anything by Fulstow! :thumb:

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
A1A Ale Works in St. Augustine, Florida...

During happy hour, kids drink for free! :laugh2:

Not really...

Actually, that's probably my favorite brewery in the entire state of Florida.

--R :thumb:

WholeLottaIzzy

Reaction score
We have Palmers. It's England's oldest brewery. You'd think by now they'd of learnt to brew decent beer.

flannelflag

Reaction score
Palisade Brewery, GREAT amber ale and conveniently, jut across the tracks (fair warning) from the distillery specializing in boutique vodkas. Crawl fast!!!!!

Laggspike

Reaction score
im pretty sure my town dont even have a bar to drink in.. so a brewery? nope, far from it :(

Brewdude

Reaction score
Well the correct answer is my garage :naughty:

However sadly I've barely had any time to brew the past 3 or 4 months so I don't have much in the pipeline except my sour is coming up on a year so I want to taste that soon...

Here are some real breweries near me, not down the street, but within 30 minutes or so. First up is Troegs, fantastic beers pay homage to classic German styles with an American twist.

Then Victory is probably my favorite brewery, consistently fantastic offerings that run the range of traditional German lagers to hoppy stuff to funky Belgians.

JimmyT

Reaction score
Battledown Brewery do some pretty nice Ales and it's maybe a mile from my house too. We buy casks for family gatherings or any other excuse we can think of...
Battledown Brewery

Though I think the best beer (ale) I've ever had in a pub is Palmer's Dorset Gold.

Crotch

Triggered
Premium Member
Reaction score
Living near Milwaukee we have tons of local breweries that are mixed amongst the big boys. However, we might be best known for New Glarus. The beer they make called spotted cow seems to have a cult following even outside of the state, which is odd, cause they only ship to Wisconsin.

http://www.newglarusbrewing.com/

Shred Astaire

Reaction score
I live in Toronto and there are more great breweries that I can count! But expand that out to all of Ontario, and its mind boggling. There is no reason for me to drink any other beer really...

Ontario Craft Brewers - Welcome | Ontario Craft Brewers

Some of my favs though...

Great Lakes Brewery (5 minute walk from my house and also multi-award winner)
Bellwoods Brewery (Great beer and an awesome brewpub with delicious food)
Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery (About an hour out of Toronto in Barrie....interesting experiments and cool artwork)

I've been drinking OCB almost exclusively for 5 years now and I have probably tried 40% of what's available! Disclaimer: I don't drink a lot or that often but I do loves me my beer.

Benjammin

Reaction score
there are lots of them, but I`m not a big drinker. I do like Granville Island, Vancouver Island and Parallel 49

JimmyT

Reaction score
I forgot about Dorset Gold. Yeah, that one's alright.
Stayed a couple of weeks in Burton Bradstock a few years ago, the local Pub only had two Palmer's beers on; Dorset Gold and (I think) 200. I ended up drinking the Gold like water the whole time I was down there.

Latest Threads