Bennett Music Labs: Tweed 5F11 Vibroux Amp Clones

robertoa1a

Reaction score
He started on his own last year. he showed a willingness to pay.

Let an honest man come forth.

If you get too mean he isn't going to show. I'm last in line!

robertoa1a

Reaction score
I was real pissed when I thought I got ripped off.

What really got me upset was people looking at this as a spectator sport, looking on the side lines for entertainment purposes.

robertoa1a

Reaction score
Let him speak. Allow him to get on a payment program.

Who is owed what?

RAG7890

Reaction score
OK, I think I'll comment on this...............purely as an innocent bystander. :)

Before I comment however, I want everyone to know that I (& several others) was taken for a ride by BobBurst for $2,250.00, so I know what many are going through. I won't ever see these $$$$ again, which is why I keep bumping the BobBurst Thread as a warning to others.

I have also had the misfortune, along with others to be taken for ~ $40,000 by a major, long established Vintage Music Store in Sydney a few years back...........it was my Vintage slush fund. I like to remind myself of this every now & then just to prove how trustworthy & stupid I was at the time. :shock:

Now Bruce appears to be good at what he does (Guitars & Amps) but is a really bad businessman. I even entertained some Amp work with him a while back & I am obviously glad I didn't.

I do like the fact that we, as a Forum, cover each other & want to collectively see wrongs made right. However, I do feel like Bruce is getting kicked around a little too much.

The Forum has to let him get on & make a living so he can eventually pay off his debts. Some of the comments I read (IMHO) could end up making things far worse than they already are & then people will lose out (like I did).

Yes I know he could get a day job & work on this stuff at night etc. but I can't comment on this in detail because I don't know all the facts.

I do genuinely hope you all get your money back in due course / time & I do hope Bruce can earn an honest living making good Guitars & Amps. :)

:cheers:

rockstar232007

Reaction score
I was real pissed when I thought I got ripped off.

What really got me upset was people looking at this as a spectator sport, looking on the side lines for entertainment purposes.
Problem is, that was his (Bruce's) goal, all along. HE chose to make this a public affair, knowing full-well how most people here love a good train-wreck.

Funny thing is all of the people here who think he's a "bad businessman". For all we know, this could be some sort of elaborate publicity stunt?

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

chef

Reaction score
This is priced at the very top of the market.....why not price it to sell quickly?

One word "Liquidate".

Maybe it doesn't belong to him and is selling it as a consignment. If he has gear that he owns, then you are correct.

I keep stumbling on this thread and it is quite something.

Such a fine line between criminal fraud and bad business practices.

The most interesting part is how people judge this matter. I for one would have long since been out of business if I did stuff like that in my line of work.

rockstar232007

Reaction score
Maybe it doesn't belong to him and is selling it as a consignment. If he has gear that he owns, then you are correct.

I keep stumbling on this thread and it is quite something.

Such a fine line between criminal fraud and bad business practices.

The most interesting part is how people judge this matter. I for one would have long since been out of business if I did stuff like that in my line of work.
Just wait.

robertoa1a

Reaction score
I just want to hear him speak! Not just that but make redemption (if at all possible).

And I apologies to any members if a sounded upset (pissed)! I'm still owed.

None the less I would like to be just. Try to give the benefit of the doubt.

rockstar232007

Reaction score
I just want to hear him speak! Not just that but make redemption (if at all possible).

And I apologies to any members if a sounded upset (pissed)! I'm still owed.

None the less I would like to be just. Try to give the benefit of the doubt.
Sounds good, in theory, but considering the number of people who have been burned, and the overall response (or lack thereof) from Bruce, I think we can safely say, that ship has long since sailed.

XKnight

Reaction score
I have no dog in this fight, but I do know that Bruce is a talented Luthier who has the ability to make great guitars. Unfortunately, he is definitely not a good businessman and has certainly had his share of business ventures that haven't gone well for him (Warrior and Backlund guitars come to mind). I do hope Bruce can get back on his feet, make good on the debts he owes, and get back to building more guitars.

FuzzFriendly

Reaction score
robertoa1a - What's the status of your build? It's been like a month since I've heard any updates.

Wolf ^_^

Reaction score
Some of the comments I read (IMHO) could end up making things far worse than they already are & then people will lose out (like I did).....

I feel like I may have cause some more bad vibes in this whole situation,but more importantly,I hope everyone get back what they deserve.I am sorry if I offended anyone or made things worse and Bruce I just hope you get your stuff back together again.I first came to you because of how skilled I heard you were and I am sure you haven't lost that :)

Any updates?

robertoa1a

Reaction score
Bruce is in default with his landlord. He was forced out. I'M buying his shop tools.

RAG7890

Reaction score
Bruce is in default with his landlord. He was forced out. I'M buying his shop tools.

Man that is just a sad & sorry situation. People will struggle to get paid, others struggle to get orders filled & Bruce will struggle to make a living building Amps & Guitars. Not good for anyone involved in this whole mess.............regardless of how it came about or whose fault it is. Just a shame to see things like this happen.

:cheers:

Latest Threads