Bengal Burst

GuitarsAnn

Reaction score
I contacted Dave at Dave's Guitars and he indicated that Gone to Press means it's in production and will be about 30-60 days, if all goes well. Means I might have it in a month or two.

GuitarsAnn

Reaction score
The nastier looking tops have been sent out to shops for sale. Hopefully my M2M will be nicer.

darth550

Reaction score
I recently got this one second-hand. It came from the demo shop about 5 months ago. It's got a black back and shipped with the pickguard, which I haven't seen on others. I can't wait to see yours!

spn06dpjerrbkcptttuh.jpg

Last edited:

RuneDanmark

Reaction score
I recently got this one second-hand. It came from the demo shop about 5 months ago. It's got a black back and shipped with the pickguard, which I haven't seen on others. I can't wait to see yours!
Looks great, but not a super fan of pickguards on guitars.

GuitarsAnn

Reaction score
That's a Beauty!! I hope mine is as nice. I like the pick guard. Either way it's great.

GuitarsAnn

Reaction score
Just got word from Dave at Dave's Guitars, Sean says about 6-8 weeks more. Just have to keep strumming the SG-12 and the Martins.

GuitarsAnn

Reaction score
Got word from Dave yesterday that the guitar was in. Picked it up today. It is stunning and all I hoped for and more. The Bengal Stripes are interesting as they change with the viewing angle like a 3D image. The color is AWESOME.

Last edited:

RuneDanmark

Reaction score
How is the guitar?

Does it feel light with the weight relief and slightly thinner body?

wildhawk1

Reaction score
Got word from Dave yesterday that the guitar was in. Picked it up today. It is stunning and all I hoped for and more. The Bengal Stripes are interesting as they change with the viewing angle like a 3D image. The color is AWESOME.

Great pics... thanks for sharing. It looks amazing!

Dave's in Lacrosse is about an hour away from me.
He's a great guy and his personal collection up on the second floor is AMAZING. Highly recommended.

GuitarsAnn

Reaction score
I like the contours of the Axcess. It feels more comfortable than the standard Les Paul. It's heavier than my SG-12, but feels very much like it playing while seated without a strap. Can't say for sure how much lighter it is compared to the standard Les Paul, but I think it is lighter. I don't have a good frame of reference since I don't own a standard LP or played one much. I let it acclimate a while last night and played it for a while in the evening. It sounds great and the action seems pretty good. New neck style for me, so I need to get used to it. Feels nice, though.

Dave's has been great. I was at the Lacrosse store a few years ago to check out the Martin Acoustics. Dave was very helpful and set me up with everything I wanted to try out. Great EYE CANDY in his collection. Wound up buying a D45V that sang to me. Dave was very helpful at getting me the Axcess. I enjoy doing business with him and his staff. I have also been to the Madison shop and do most of my business in the new Milwaukee shop, where I picked up the LP.

Last edited:

Latest Threads