Bengal Burst

GuitarsAnn

Reaction score
I did look back at my order from Dave's and it is being made as an M2M guitar. I have an email in to Dave's as to the status of my order. Hope I hear good news.

GuitarsAnn

Reaction score
I guess I have to hope an M2M order is given better consideration than one shipped out to a store.

RuneDanmark

Reaction score
I have noticed something on the gibson site with the bengal burst.

"The modern player's choice! The iconic Les Paul Custom is re-imagined in this Axcess version, featuring the new Apex headstock for added strength, redesigned contours for added comfort and fingerboard access, and powerful coil-tapped humbuckers for sonic versatility and strength. This version features a standard stop bar tailpiece and an eye-popping figured maple top, finished in Bengal Burst to bring out every nuance of the maple. "

Also on the "spec sheet"

Top 2-Piece Figured Maple

Is this a Gibson CMA (cover my ass) at work ? So they don't really state it is a flamed top (like on the gibson page pictures) but just a figured maple top, so in theory everything goes as long as it have some figuring?

Are there some Gibson CS experts on that field?

RuneDanmark

Reaction score
Got an update on my bengal burst. I got the choice to pick either cherry or black without upcharge. So I went with the cherry back.

GuitarsAnn

Reaction score
When did you order your Bengal and do you have any idea on a delivery date? When I ordered mine in February, I was told 4-6 months. Still no guitar.

RuneDanmark

Reaction score
When did you order your Bengal and do you have any idea on a delivery date? When I ordered mine in February, I was told 4-6 months. Still no guitar.

I put in the money last month and was told 18 months.

This week I was told that Gibson Custom Shop is doing their production plan/scheduling and then the dealer was told to ask me if I wanted it with black or cherry back and then i went with cherry.

GuitarsAnn

Reaction score
I really preferred the Cherry, also. That is why I did the M2M. Dave's Guitar has basically ignored my emails regarding the production of mine. I will start calling soon. I'm sure they are busy, but I have sent three emails over the last month with no reply. Disappointing.

RuneDanmark

Reaction score
I really preferred the Cherry, also. That is why I did the M2M. Dave's Guitar has basically ignored my emails regarding the production of mine. I will start calling soon. I'm sure they are busy, but I have sent three emails over the last month with no reply. Disappointing.

Mine is also M2M, but at first it was black back (and i didn't want to pay the extra for cherry), and now Gibson apparently, in my case decided I could choose between cherry or black without any upcharge.

-- edit --

But I would see it as bad customer service, when they don't even respond to your emails (I don't know about holiday/vacations in your area). So I guess now you know who you shouldn't deal with next time.

GuitarsAnn

Reaction score
I called them today and talked to Dave personally. He has been talking to Sean at the Custom Shop and will be getting back to me. He apologized for not shooting me an email. He had been hoping to hear from Sean before reaching back. I have had excellent service with Dave's in the past. I think the covid thing has ramped up business at Gibson and Dave's and they all are probably overwhelmed. I will be patient. Dave's has a store near me in Milwaukee as well as Madison and La Cross. All are excellent stores for sales and repairs and I would hesitate to abandon them for one instance. But I think I may be waiting due to the Custom Shop backlog. Hopefully not another year. I'll post any updates.

GuitarsAnn

Reaction score
Sean got back to Dave this afternoon and Dave relayed this to me. The Guitar went to press on 7/6/21. Sean is checking to find out where it is and will get back to us. Sounds like it could be in my hands soon.

RuneDanmark

Reaction score
Sean got back to Dave this afternoon and Dave relayed this to me. The Guitar went to press on 7/6/21. Sean is checking to find out where it is and will get back to us. Sounds like it could be in my hands soon.

sounds crazy you get it after that short amount of time.

I look forward to see how your looks like though

GuitarsAnn

Reaction score
Well, I haven't got it yet and I'm still waiting to hear from Sean regarding an ETA. I ordered mine in February, which may have been prior to any mass orders or work shortages. Covid has both harmed workforces and increased orders due to people penned up in their homes and looking for things to do. I have heard that orders have really exploded this year. That may be why mine was queued with a shorter lead time. We'll see what happens.

RuneDanmark

Reaction score
Well, I haven't got it yet and I'm still waiting to hear from Sean regarding an ETA. I ordered mine in February, which may have been prior to any mass orders or work shortages. Covid has both harmed workforces and increased orders due to people penned up in their homes and looking for things to do. I have heard that orders have really exploded this year. That may be why mine was queued with a shorter lead time. We'll see what happens.

Did you get yours with cherry or black back?

And i hope mine isn't coming too soon, I'm not prepared for it yet, so its okay they take their time with mine.

GuitarsAnn

Reaction score
Just picked up a new Fender Tone Master Deluxe Reverb amp. Will be running my SG-12 through it until I get the Les Paul.
New Amp.jpg

RuneDanmark

Reaction score
Just browsing on Thomann and found this.

Is it just awful

16526241_800.jpg

Also loads of scratches on the guitar, on the back, the plastic and so on. I really don't hope that is it.

jdm66

Reaction score

Is it just awful

16526241_800.jpg

Also loads of scratches on the guitar, on the back, the plastic and so on. I really don't hope that is it.
Looks just like the one HOG had on their site a month or 2 ago. If yours is like that, I would not accept it, no fkn way!

RuneDanmark

Reaction score
Looks just like the one HOG had on their site a month or 2 ago. If yours is like that, I would not accept it, no fkn way!

I hope thomann loads up some other pictures some time when they recieve it, because it really looks like a used one, even the jack input its a used one.

Doesn't even look like ebony the fretboard either.

its a bad series of pictures to upload if that what they would think "oh i gotta have that one!"

BadMongo

Reaction score

Is it just awful

16526241_800.jpg

"How could we make this clownburst worse?"
"How about a splotchy and uneven black understain?"
:wtf:

Latest Threads