Bengal Burst

GuitarsAnn

Reaction score
I pulled the pin on a new Les Paul Custom Shop Axcess Bengal Burst guitar this week. I didn't care for the black back and neck that has been put on recent models. I ordered special from the Custom Shop through Dave's Guitar in LaCrosse, WI to build mine with the Cherry back and neck and Grover Keystone tuners as shown on the Custon Shop website. It will be a wait (4-6 months) but it should be a beauty. This is my first Les Paul. I'll post pics when I get it.

cherrysunburst00

TUBE AMP JUNKIE FOR LIFE BAD ASS
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been wanting to try one with the red back as well.

I love Axcess Les Paul guitars. What a terrific choice you made

GuitarsAnn

Reaction score
Thank you! I really fell in love with this Les Paul version. I was kicking the idea of a custom shop 61 SG 60th anniversary model. Then I stumbled onto the Bengal Burst and had to have it. I looked around the internet and locally to try one out to no avail. I have done a lot of business with Dave's in La Crosse and with their Milwaukee store. I contacted Dave and he arrange to have the Custom Shop make mine to my specs. Dave's is a great place and he is most accommodating. Can't wait!!

GuitarsAnn

Reaction score
No, I haven't received it yet. Ordered in Mid February. Dave's Guitar said it would be 4-6 months. Hopefully by the end of summer. I'll start bugging Dave's in a month or so.

RuneDanmark

Reaction score
How can it be its such a short lead time?

I have talked with a dealer getting one, lead time is 18 months, if you even can get a slot at the Custom shop

GuitarsAnn

Reaction score
I did place my order in February. Things may have been different back then. But I don't have it yet, so we'll see. Dave's is a Premier Gibson dealer and he does have some influence.

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pics as soon as available! Sounds awesome.

jdm66

Reaction score
I have been thinking of ordering one of these, what did Dave's require for a deposit to place your order.

GuitarsAnn

Reaction score
Don't know what a "Full MTM" is, but I just wanted the guitar to look like the original one in the Website. I see they now show it in black on the neck and back. I just did not like the black painted backside. I requested the Grover Keystone tuners because I have seen some come through with another style. I had no issues with the front of the guitar and no desire to actually change anything except make it the way it was originally advertised. Hope I get it that way.

jdm66

Reaction score
Don't know what a "Full MTM" is, but I just wanted the guitar to look like the original one in the Website. I see they now show it in black on the neck and back. I just did not like the black painted backside. I requested the Grover Keystone tuners because I have seen some come through with another style. I had no issues with the front of the guitar and no desire to actually change anything except make it the way it was originally advertised. Hope I get it that way.
Made to Measure, like neck size etc. Yes, I don't know why they started spraying the neck and back in black, the cherry is so much nicer. The only request I want other than the cherry back, is a nice wavy flame. Those tight thin pinstripe tops just don't do it for for me. Thanks for the info, I think I'll pull the trigger and give Dave's a call soon and get in the line up wait of 16-18 months.

RuneDanmark

Reaction score
Made to Measure, like neck size etc. Yes, I don't know why they started spraying the neck and back in black, the cherry is so much nicer. The only request I want other than the cherry back, is a nice wavy flame. Those tight thin pinstripe tops just don't do it for for me. Thanks for the info, I think I'll pull the trigger and give Dave's a call soon and get in the line up wait of 16-18 months.
Actually the one with cherry back is a prototype.

’ The original website picture showed a Cherry back because I think it was the prototype guitar.

Before the model went into production the back spec was changed to trans black but the website photo wasn’t changed immediately (it is correct now).’

Got this message through a dealer, since i'm on the way to got one of these, and the cherry back that went to black was also a concern of mine, so the dealer was nice enough to figure out how come it is like that.

GuitarsAnn

Reaction score
That explains why all the ones in shops for sale have the black backsides. Being a custom shop order specifying the cherry back and neck, mine should come as the prototype. Fingers crossed they get it right.

jdm66

Reaction score
That explains why all the ones in shops for sale have the black backsides. Being a custom shop order specifying the cherry back and neck, mine should come as the prototype. Fingers crossed they get it right.
I might wait to see how yours turns out before placing my order. House of Guitars has one in stock, but the top is UGLY!

GuitarsAnn

Reaction score
If you mean the one in Rochester, I see your point. God, I hope mine doesn't look like that. o_O

Latest Threads