Belly scarf recs

neoclassical

Reaction score
Is there anyone in the Beacon-Poughkeepsie, NY area or anyone there you would recommend to cut a belly scarf into my LP? It's not a vintage piece, has mods etc and I don't plan on selling it. It would allow me to pull her in closer and make her a more intimate and comfortable instrument. The refin does not even have to be perfect, but it would be nice. I do know of a luthier in the area but he is a classical gtr and violin maker.

Subterfuge

Reaction score
just buy the Stew-Mac scrapers and do it yourself .. only you know how deep you want the carve, it's all personal preference ... I certainly wouldn't pay someone hundred's of dollars to do it

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone in the Beacon-Poughkeepsie, NY area or anyone there you would recommend to cut a belly scarf into my LP? It's not a vintage piece, has mods etc and I don't plan on selling it. It would allow me to pull her in closer and make her a more intimate and comfortable instrument. The refin does not even have to be perfect, but it would be nice. I do know of a luthier in the area but he is a classical gtr and violin maker.
If the dude is a classical guitar and violin maker then he could cut a belly scarf in his sleep.

Latest Threads