Bell Brass Stoptail

Classic 59

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the ABM 3020n stop tail? Looks like a quality product.

Roxy13

Reaction score
No, but I want to. If you get one, please come back and tell us your thoughts.

Caretaker

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
I once had an LP with brass nut bridge/saddles and tp.
The tone was very warm and "bloomy" if you consider that a word. One of the ones I miss a lot.

Zentar

Reaction score
I once had an LP with brass nut bridge/saddles and tp.
The tone was very warm and "bloomy" if you consider that a word. One of the ones I miss a lot.
Bloomy?
You know what the Brits call the hood of a car? They call the hood a "bonnet". It's a hood dang-it!
You know what the Brits call a car? They call it a "lorry". It's a car dang-it!
This caused the Revolutionary War.

BADMAN67

Reaction score
Actually we call a truck a lorry. A cars just a car. Interestingly the word car is derived from our word carriage. Firetrucks a fire engine. Tv's the telly. Cell phones a mobile. We call the trunk the boot. Trunk obviously from the days when you literally straped a trunk to the back of your carriage or wagon/stagecoach. Boot because it refers to the space behind where passengers would sit in a carrage.Servants or foot men' would stand in this space with their boots in sort of a box or stirrups. Hence the boot.Over time this just became known as the area at the rear . Bonnet came about because very early Edwardian era car engine covers resembled ladies bonnets ( hats). Hood is obviously a similar derivative. We call an elevator a lift and the sidewalk the path. Path comes from an old English word 'peth' . Theres a village near me called Brancepeth and it translate in modern English to 'boars path' from days we had wild pigs/boars running about.Loads of things the same but different.I think its cool the way things translate .:) Friend of mine has a 60's 335 with a solid brass tailpiece! We think someone's made it themselves from a solid chunk of brass back in the day. Impressive!

Last edited:

p_baker

Reaction score
I've got one of these on my single cut style guitar. It`s definitely a quality product. Impossible to isolate contribution on tone. I never had another tailpiece on this guitar.

Roxy13

Reaction score
Actually we call a truck a lorry. A cars just a car. Interestingly the word car is derived from our word carriage. Firetrucks a fire engine. Tv's the telly. Cell phones a mobile. We call the trunk the boot. Trunk obviously from the days when you literally straped a trunk to the back of your carriage or wagon/stagecoach. Boot because it refers to the space behind where passengers would sit in a carrage.Servants or foot men' would stand in this space with their boots in sort of a box or stirrups. Hence the boot.Over time this just became known as the area at the rear . Bonnet came about because very early Edwardian era car engine covers resembled ladies bonnets ( hats). Hood is obviously a similar derivative. We call an elevator a lift and the sidewalk the path. Path comes from an old English word 'peth' . Theres a village near me called Brancepeth and it translate in modern English to 'boars path' from days we had wild pigs/boars running about.Loads of things the same but different.I think its cool the way things translate .:) Friend of mine has a 60's 335 with a solid brass tailpiece! We think someone's made it themselves from a solid chunk of brass back in the day. Impressive!
I've learned all those from my English friend. We've had some funny exchanges over the years due to our each calling things by different names. I was quite confused the first time she told me she had to put on a jumper because she was cold (sweater). What I call a baked potato she calls a jacketed one.

One day she asked me if we had "kitchen roll". Now I wasn't sure what that might be but my first thought was plastic wrap. It turned out to be paper towels. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if those were invented by an American since we are the land of waste.

Oldskoolrob

Reaction score
Being the result of criminal colonists in the land that doesn't exist, I'm more at home with the English language than the American one....

Zentar

Reaction score
Being the result of criminal colonists in the land that doesn't exist, I'm more at home with the English language than the American one....
I was just making a joke about the poster describing the sound of a brass tail piece as sounding "bloomy". I am sorry I triggered you.

lpfan1980

Reaction score
Are they decent have a better sound than a regular stop piece. GIVE AN UPDATE.

Oldskoolrob

Reaction score
Dude. I'm not triggered. In any way, shape or form. But sometimes I'm so sarcastic I confuse people...

jvin248

Reaction score

PRS started using aluminum wrap tails with brass inserts at the contacts ...

Didn't someone make Titanium stop tail pieces too?

And what about wood (string through)?

Some experimenting ahead!

hamerfan

Reaction score
I swapped to of them into Les Pauls which had problems with sustain and growl. The brass increases the low mids and the overall volume.

brokentoeswalker

Reaction score
I have an old guitar that came to me with all brass hardware. The posts, bridge, tailpiece, nut ... I kept the brass nut because i didn't want to make a new one. I swear the tailpiece alone was at least a pound. I swapped out the rest.

a4906x.jpg