Belated NGD

motowntom

Reaction score
Found this back in march on my local CL. $120.00, was missing 3 strings, very dirty, and had a slightly bent A string tuner. Guitar looked good otherwise and have always wanted a 335, but the 2K plus price range I couldn't justify. Got it home cleaned it up and took it completely apart. long story short, did a fret level, it was the fourth I've done so it went smooth and came out great. Then did my first ever scotch-brite pad poly dull, came out WAY better than I expected, the orig. finish looked like plastic, now it looks great. New Tusq nut hand filed at setup, cream PU rings, gold vintage knobs, aged stop tail and bridge from "Vintage Forged" and a set of grover's. Then the best and last mod, a set of Guitarforce Rebel PAF's from a member here...thanks stephen78. $463.00 all in. Guitar sings nicely, and def has a different vibe from my LP. So here you have her...Dot.
Dot 1.jpg

Last edited:

Max Max

Reaction score
Nice! I keep meaning to order one of those Glarry guitars to teach myself how to do fret levels, set ups, soldering, etc.

JMP

Reaction score
Very very sweet Dot! I have a ‘98 Dot Deluxe and it’s a killer guitar.
What year is yours? Post up some more photos.

DavGrape

"Call me Gaspár."
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sunof a beeyotch... I'da grabbed that, too.

motowntom

Reaction score
Very very sweet Dot! I have a ‘98 Dot Deluxe and it’s a killer guitar.
What year is yours? Post up some more photos.
Thanks JMP. I think she's an 09 Dot deluxe from poking around the net. I am in love with the pickups, and am going to get a set for my LP, they are awesome!. The necks a bit beefier than I'm use to but it kinda feels cool. Couple more pics.
Cheers
Dot 5.jpg

Dot 3.jpg

ArchEtech

Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I mean for $100 bucks!!!

motowntom

Reaction score
I mean for $100 bucks!!!
Well, $463.00 by the time she was done, but stopped into Huber- Breese recently and played a gorgeous 335 unplugged and quite honestly with my own set-up this one played just as nice, and that one was on the wall at $2799.00!
Cheers

DrBGood

Reaction score
I find that letting the Scotch Brite job without a finish touch looking kind of dry. I finish mine with a light wipe and rub of tung oil. It fills all the microscopic scratches and gives it a nice sheen.

Dry
V2 Satin 2.jpg

Oiled
2019.jpg

JMP

Reaction score
Well, $463.00 by the time she was done, but stopped into Huber- Breese recently and played a gorgeous 335 unplugged and quite honestly with my own set-up this one played just as nice, and that one was on the wall at $2799.00!
Cheers
Yup, I think Epiphone really makes a killer ES style of guitar. Enjoy.

Latest Threads