Belated NGD! SG Special Faded Pelham Blue w/ video

InTheEvening

Reaction score
Better late than never! I’ve been in the process of changing around my stable. And this was one of the beauties I picked up a few weeks back. Finally got to oil the board and get the set up just right. Took some pics, and made a demo. I wasn’t planning on getting one so soon, but once i heard the pelham blue was discontinued and found this for sale at a discount I jumped on it and couldn’t be happier.

Pics and video with tones below! This is my first ever SG, and of course I got inspired to hammer out some AC/DC riffs…I know they’re not humbuckers, but these p90’s can really growl.
Decided to have a little fun with it and don the school uniform. :laugh2:

efstop

Small amps ^^ are fun
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My first SG is a Sparkling Burgundy Special. They are terrific guitars.
Congrats!

InTheEvening

Reaction score
My wife bought me this same guitar for Christmas.
I love mine.
Congratulations.
Wow! What a fantastic gift. Kudos to your wife. Glad to see you’re loving your SG too. I’ve seen so many people happy with this new special, they really did a great job with this one. And thanks for watching! Appreciate the kind words. Took a couple takes to get it right but i had a lot of fun making it.
Love the video! Love the color!
Thanks! :cheers2:
YOU ROCK DUDE !!!!!!!
Thanks! Appreciate the kind words.
Great video man! Well done on all accounts!
Thanks so much for checking it out! Glad you liked it. :D
My first SG is a Sparkling Burgundy Special. They are terrific guitars.
Congrats!
Thanks! Man I was really conflicted between this and the Sparkling Burgundy, such awesome colors. It’s too bad Gibson won’t be making more.

Foo for Thought

Reaction score
Better late than never! I’ve been in the process of changing around my stable. And this was one of the beauties I picked up a few weeks back. Finally got to oil the board and get the set up just right. Took some pics, and made a demo. I wasn’t planning on getting one so soon, but once i heard the pelham blue was discontinued and found this for sale at a discount I jumped on it and couldn’t be happier.

Pics and video with tones below! This is my first ever SG, and of course I got inspired to hammer out some AC/DC riffs…I know they’re not humbuckers, but these p90’s can really growl.
Decided to have a little fun with it and don the school uniform. :laugh2:

Sounds awesome! Congrats on the new guitar.

InTheEvening

Reaction score
Congratulations. Faded Pelham Blue SG Specials rock. I have a left handed version. P90s are awesome. Enjoy that prize.
Thank you! Def will. :)
I was so dissapointed when I heard the faded pelham blue was being discontinued and thought I had missed my chance to get it. Was excited to see them come back in stock.

gtimach1

Reaction score
Thank you! Def will. :)
I was so dissapointed when I heard the faded pelham blue was being discontinued and thought I had missed my chance to get it. Was excited to see them come back in stock.
I had ordered one and then decided against it. Luckily the guy who ordered it for me at Alto Music decided to go through with the order anyway. I was at Alto the day it arrived. I bought it on the spot. Fate…it was meant to be. Killer guitars. My brother even got the same guitar you have. A right handed version. Unlike my lefty.
DFB35B6D-8E1C-4AC4-99FF-EA65C1DAF810.jpeg

InTheEvening

Reaction score
I had ordered one and then decided against it. Luckily the guy who ordered it for me at Alto Music decided to go through with the order anyway. I was at Alto the day it arrived. I bought it on the spot. Fate…it was meant to be. Killer guitars. My brother even got the same guitar you have. A right handed version. Unlike my lefty. View attachment 586019
Funny how things work out like that! I actually had a similar story. I was at GC asking if they’d get any more SG specials in pelham blue and they couldn’t find a single one in their system, checked nationwide and nothing…so I had them order an SG standard instead and went on my way home.

By chance, on my way back home, i drove by a smaller local shop and thought I’d pop in for fun. To my surprise, this SG special I was looking for was hanging on the wall. They had a nice holiday discount going that day too, so I also bought it on the spot and returned the GC SG standard.

Last edited:

MP4-22

Reaction score
I had ordered one and then decided against it. Luckily the guy who ordered it for me at Alto Music decided to go through with the order anyway. I was at Alto the day it arrived. I bought it on the spot. Fate…it was meant to be. Killer guitars. My brother even got the same guitar you have. A right handed version. Unlike my lefty. View attachment 586019

Sweet i got a 5153 50w stealth last month, im liking alot.

Funny how things work out like that! I actually had a similar story. I was at GC asking if they’d get any more SG specials in pelham blue and they couldn’t find a single one in their system, checked nationwide and nothing…so I had them order an SG standard instead and went on my way home.

By chance, on my way back home, i drove by a smaller local shop and thought I’d pop in for fun. To my surprise, this SG special I was looking for was hanging on the wall. They had a nice holiday discount going that day too, so I also bought it on the spot and returned the GC SG standard.

Yea that's fate, HNGD !! those are nice.

Latest Threads