Which knobs to add?

• Black/silver reflector

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Gold top hat

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

InTheEvening

Reaction score
Finally got a chance to take some good pics to share. Picked up this 2020 original collection Les Paul Junior a few weeks back and bonded with it instantly. My first p90 guitar and it surpassed all expectations.

More recent video with it, jamming some Green Day: :dude:

Video of me unboxing and demoing some sounds. Can skip ahead past my rambling to 05:42 for the tones. This guitar roars and even after a month, it’s proven to be one of my best playing axes. The simplicity is liberating haha.

Pics!
1-F3683-E9-9-E2-D-4-DEF-913-B-59-E57-FD4-B775.jpg

04988-ECF-C302-4448-BE79-48449503-BE8-E.jpg

B0-F94336-42-F0-4-E3-D-82-C2-2661-DB65843-C.jpg

I love that the rosewood has a hint of red shading to it, so it matches nicely with the red/brown tortoiseshell pickguard.
5-B1-A32-BE-7-A20-4503-BB82-9-C75083-AA014.jpg

I also finally got one of the Costa Rican cases, I like the larger latches on these.
485-F0-A38-CE43-4-E1-F-A1-E0-3-BB54-A0-C10-E0.jpg

Now the BIG question…which knobs to place on it? Gold or black/silver?
2-AFE4-A1-E-26-B7-48-E6-B206-92-E42-F9-E5046.jpg

2-AE9063-B-3-E17-4-DFF-8297-4931-E21412-A4.jpg

Last edited:

InTheEvening

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I do like that the reflectors are a little less common on these. So many juniors have the standard gold knobs.

efstop

All your base are belong to us
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love the ebony version. I'd put on a set of my 5/8" tall gold barrel knobs

pondcaster

Reaction score
Another vote for reflectors and congrats on the super cool Junior.

integra evan

Reaction score
Nice, I like the tort on black look. Enjoy!
And oh yes, reflectors for sure!

InTheEvening

Reaction score
Congrats on the junior. Great demo.
Thanks! :cheers2:
I love the ebony version. I'd put on a set of my 5/8" tall gold barrel knobs
Oh that’s one I hadn’t thought of! That would look really classy.
My first Gibson was a Junior . . . I wish I still had it.

Enjoy!
Thank you! :)
Thanks! Yeah I think I’m leaning towards the reflectors, they’re def getting the most votes.
Nice, I like the tort on black look. Enjoy!
And oh yes, reflectors for sure!
Thanks! That tort and black combo def played a big part in me wanting this one. Loved it instantly but only saw it available on the old BJA signature model. Glad Gibson brought it into the original collection line.
Congrats! These are great guitars. I have the same and went with amber knobs… View attachment 576375 View attachment 576376
Thanks! Oh wow! I was set on the reflectors but this is def making me change my mind. The amber looks awesome on this model.

pondcaster

Reaction score

Thanks! Yeah I think I’m leaning towards the reflectors, they’re def getting the most votes.

Thanks! Oh wow! I was set on the reflectors but this is def making me change my mind. The amber looks awesome on this model.

What the heck, it'd look pretty sweet with either, imo.

Forgot to mention in my earlier post but if you're not opposed to these types of things, please think about joining our New Originals Club.

If so, would be great to have it represented in there. We need more Juniors!

If not, no big deal. Thanks!

LPJNoob

Reaction score
Finally got a chance to take some good pics to share. Picked up this 2020 original collection Les Paul Junior a few weeks back and bonded with it instantly. My first p90 guitar and it surpassed all expectations.

Here’s a video of me unboxing and demoing some sounds for anyone interested. Can skip ahead past my rambling to 05:42 for the tones. This guitar roars and even after a month, it’s proven to be one of my best playing axes. The simplicity is liberating haha.

Pics!
1-F3683-E9-9-E2-D-4-DEF-913-B-59-E57-FD4-B775.jpg

04988-ECF-C302-4448-BE79-48449503-BE8-E.jpg

B0-F94336-42-F0-4-E3-D-82-C2-2661-DB65843-C.jpg

I love that the rosewood has a hint of red shading to it, so it matches nicely with the red/brown tortoiseshell pickguard.
5-B1-A32-BE-7-A20-4503-BB82-9-C75083-AA014.jpg

I also finally got one of the Costa Rican cases, I like the larger latches on these.
485-F0-A38-CE43-4-E1-F-A1-E0-3-BB54-A0-C10-E0.jpg

Now the BIG question…which knobs to place on it? Gold or black/silver?
2-AFE4-A1-E-26-B7-48-E6-B206-92-E42-F9-E5046.jpg

2-AE9063-B-3-E17-4-DFF-8297-4931-E21412-A4.jpg
Bad ass guitar bud, congrats! For me, I'd keep the black hats on it. Rock on! I love my Junior, I'm sure you'll love yours too. :)

MP4-22

Reaction score
Sweet !! HNGD !! How do you like the wraparound bridge that part kinda worries me.... does it feel like a normal LP ? never played one.

I have some gas for a P90 gibson myself and then they raised the prices :420:

cybermgk

“Happiness is the most insidious prison of all"
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Bridge only GITs are great to really learn how to use both volume and tone, to get a wide range of tones. :headbanger:

Maybe consider black speed knobs too.

InTheEvening

Reaction score
What the heck, it'd look pretty sweet with either, imo.

Forgot to mention in my earlier post but if you're not opposed to these types of things, please think about joining our New Originals Club.

If so, would be great to have it represented in there. We need more Juniors!

If not, no big deal. Thanks!
Haha true! I think that's what makes the choice so hard, they'd all look good. Maybe I'll change around a few times and try them all based on my mood.

And of course! Would be honored to join. I might have posted my standard 60's in the group a while back. I really do love these new Gibsons. I sold a bunch of my old guitars and am quickly replacing them with Gibson original collection models.

Bad ass guitar bud, congrats! For me, I'd keep the black hats on it. Rock on! I love my Junior, I'm sure you'll love yours too. :)
Thanks! :dude: You know the more I'm looking at it, I'm appreciating the black knobs, gives it a really clean sleek look. Am definitely in no rush to change.

Sweet !! HNGD !! How do you like the wraparound bridge that part kinda worries me.... does it feel like a normal LP ? never played one.

I have some gas for a P90 gibson myself and then they raised the prices :420:
Thanks! Honestly, I'm more than happy with the bridge now. I only have my standard 60's LP to compare to, but had no issues transitioning from my standard to the LP Jr. It still felt very familiar in my hands. Will need to AB them side by side with same string guage to really compare (my standard has 10’s and Jr. has 9’s currently), but the junior seems to be slinkier in feel and more resonant than my standard right now. Dare I say, I might be liking the junior more! Which is a surprise as my standard is my number one right now.

Oh man I know that feeling! Was looking at an SG standard but I have a hard time paying the full prices now, knowing these were cheaper just a few months back. I ended up finding this LP Junior used at a decent price which I was happy with.
If you want a p90 Gibson at the older price, I saw the SG Special in Pelham Blue and Sparkling Burgundy come back in stock earlier this week on Guitar Center and some other sites. I think they're still selling them for the next few months and you can still find them at the old price since they're getting discontinued soon. I plan to get one myself while they're available at the old price and in those colors.

Bridge only GITs are great to really learn how to use both volume and tone, to get a wide range of tones. :headbanger:

Maybe consider black speed knobs too.
Oh good idea! Would definitely give me some black beauty LP Custom vibes, especially if I put a gold bridge on there. Yeah, that's one of the reasons I really wanted one of these. I've heard one pickup guitars are great to lean the volume and tone and I'm having a lot of fun just exploring all the sounds I can get from this. It's really amazing how much tonal variety these guitars get. I also notice I pay more attention to where on the guitar I'm picking, just so many little nuances I never paid as much attention to.

Last edited:

Latest Threads