Belated NGD: 1976 Gibson SG Standard.

your idol

Reaction score
Well I did a swap a month ago for this beauty. Im a little slow on introducing yall but here it is! I would like to get a proper harmonica bridge for it but the rest is all original. Swapped out the speed knobs for reflectors. Personal preference. Its at the shop getting set up. It plays outstanding. I truly love it.
2638022A-FD46-4F07-BB2E-1AEE5D157BF8.jpeg

Ph03n1x

Reaction score
I always wondered if the 70s models outside Les Pauls were also effected by Norlin. I think the SGs also got the bigger headstocks but did they also cheap out on the woods with multipiece bodies like the pancake LPs? (I doubt they made pancake SGs, but maybe >2 piece bodies?) I had a Norlin Deluxe LP that was great but weighed too much and had a thin neck.

your idol

Reaction score
I always wondered if the 70s models outside Les Pauls were also effected by Norlin. I think the SGs also got the bigger headstocks but did they also cheap out on the woods with multipiece bodies like the pancake LPs? (I doubt they made pancake SGs, but maybe >2 piece bodies?) I had a Norlin Deluxe LP that was great but weighed too much and had a thin neck.
This thankfully doesnt have the Norlin Pencilneck. I cant play necjs like that. Its a bit narrow feeling at the nut but has a nice round comfy neck. Plays great. Most of the SGs are 2 -3 pc bodies. The headstock is a touch large but not goofy like some Norlins. This thing has the magic though. Rifss hard.

Ph03n1x

Reaction score
This thankfully doesnt have the Norlin Pencilneck. I cant play necjs like that. Its a bit narrow feeling at the nut but has a nice round comfy neck. Plays great. Most of the SGs are 2 -3 pc bodies. The headstock is a touch large but not goofy like some Norlins. This thing has the magic though. Rifss hard.
Yeah, I always got the impression that the LPs got the worst of it in those years. I played a 70s 335 in a store once and remember the salesguy said they didn't change them much in the 70s.

bum

Reaction score
Oh hell yes that is beautiful, congrats!!!!

your idol

Reaction score
My inner Fugazi fan explodes every time i touch it

Latest Threads