Belated Howdy!

79standard

Reaction score
Hey Kidz!

I finally figured out how to do this cyber-introduction thing. (I'm kind of a Luddite...I don't fear technology at all, I just don't...um...excel at it.):fingersx:I really love this site and it's about time I strolled around the neighborhood. I may be most comfortable on a strat, but my TRUE pride and joy is my 1979 LP Standard (February '79, Kalamazoo factory) with the one-piece mahogany body slab and a 3-piece maple neck. A good friend bequeathed it unto me back in 1987. (Norlins were as collectible as firewood back then.) I'll get photos of this tobacco beauty posted as soon as I get my own e-camera. (Sick of borrowing my daughter's camera.):D Almost everything on this axe is stock: I even took off the previous owner's Grover tuners and put the old Gibson ones back on, and I haven't swapped out the useless pots or caps yet, but I do love playing pickup roulette: I have a stable of pups I rotate in and out: a bunch of creme DiMarzios (2 NOS DiMarzio HFHs, an '80s creme Super Distortion, a new/used 36th Anniversary), and a couple of nickel-covered Fralin PAFs (the hype is reality, friends...they really do rock). This very heavy guitar is as dense as depleted uranium munitions but acoustically rings like a bell, nice and open with a lot of zing....maybe too much zing.:hmm: Anyway, I've been playing over 30 years and specialize in psychedelic rock/pop and avant garde. I speak fluent hot rod, too, BTW, and I always wonder why car guys and guitarheads don't hang out more often. OK, enough blather!
Peace,
Tim

79standard

Reaction score
Many thanks for the welcome.:thumb:
And your avatar rocks, too: that is one nice blonde Les Paul.:applause:

Latest Threads