Beck disses LP's

Bonehead

Reaction score
Nice to know Ritchie is still an asshat. I love those DP and early Rainbow records, but as an interview subject and from what former bandmates claim, what a stool!
Haha, always love to read the word, "asshat." I LOVE Ritchie, but I'm also pretty sure he's the biggest asshat in the business. He is the absolute archetype for the bloated ego/I-can-say-what-I-want syndrome, and he's really just plain mean if you go by his interviews. I think he's such a genius player though, that I'm pretty forgiving of all that, not that it matters what I think. Only that I don't like Ted Nugent much musically, but specifically don't listen to him because he is SUCH a supreme asshat these days. Ritchie though, I'll overlook it.

smcgov

Reaction score
This entire thread cracks me up - "OMG! Jeff Beck is dissing Les Pauls! Oh, the humanity!"

Lighten up, guys. While some of us might have the hubris to compare themselves to Jeff, most of us aren't even qualified to carry his gig bag.

um, I don't think anyone is that torqued up. Its just a place where we talk LP's I thought. Seemed relavant to me....not sure why we need to lighten up, seemed light to me from the start.

axepilot

Reaction score
um, I don't think anyone is that torqued up. Its just a place where we talk LP's I thought. Seemed relavant to me....not sure why we need to lighten up, seemed light to me from the start.
I guess lighten up wasn't the best choice in words......:laugh2:

MineGoesTo11

Reaction score
If my American Stratocaster had a '50s style neck and sounded like a LP then I would never have sold it and spent more than twice the amount on a Traditional.

blakem

Reaction score
no picking on Jeff! (it hurts me) LOL! He didn't say there were sissy guitars.. he prefers Strats because they are way more versatile... Unless you get a new LP Standard Traditional Pro :)

guitarbob123

Reaction score
I wonder what would happen if Jeff was given a Les Paul Axcess?
They have a tremolo that would stay in tune easier than the Stratocaster's and he can do more diverse things with. It has the split-coil feature so he could different tones out of it. It also has the thinner body, with weight-relieving so he wouldn't have to worry about his extensive tours and the weight of a Les Paul for two hours every night.

But hey, what do I know?
Les Pauls are for sissys!

axepilot

Reaction score
I wonder what would happen if Jeff was given a Les Paul Axcess?
Jeff would still blind us all with his talent - period. While he might not be comfortable with the guitar, he has the god chops to make the guitar sound godly. :dude:

JBranch

Reaction score
I don't like Ted Nugent much musically, but specifically don't listen to him because he is SUCH a supreme asshat these days.
I love Uncle Ted. I'd carry his gig bag any day.

MineGoesTo11

Reaction score
They have a tremolo that would stay in tune easier than the Stratocaster's and he can do more diverse things with. It has the split-coil feature so he could different tones out of it. It also has the thinner body, with weight-relieving so he wouldn't have to worry about his extensive tours and the weight of a Les Paul for two hours every night.
They have those:

smcgov

Reaction score
I wanted to see Clapton play a LP as well. But it seems to me that he may have a contract with Fender to not play anything but fenders in public. This could be because of his Eric Clapton Strat models or his Blackie custom shop model. This is just an idea of mine but I haven't seen him play anything but fender in a very very long time.
did he play the CS 335 (Cream reissue) at all during those shows...?

River

Reaction score
I still don't think he's actually dissing LPs at all. And I don't like Strats. I don't love any guitars by make or model. I guess that's why I'm nonplussed.

River

Reaction score
He looks like he could use a Burger or 2, what do you expect from a stratocaster fanboi with his own sig 8K Les Paul???:wtf:
Yeah, fatten his ass up so he can die of diabetes like the rest of us! Fair is fair! :laugh2:

JMV

Reaction score
Beck recently said in an interview that AXE is a big, meany-headed, poopy pants.

I disagree.

AXE

Six String Soldier
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Beck loves me. But he thinks my guitars are sissyfied.

So I cock punched him.

He said "oof".

MrSticky

Reaction score
I love his early work with Les Pauls and I tend to like his material with strats. All that means is that I clearly favor the tone of LP's. His comments were made according to his experience, which I've no problem understanding his personal take on each guitar. My experience is different, no biggie.

shtdaprdtr

Reaction score
As much as I love my Pauls...I have to agree...take an alder (not ash) bodied strat with a maple neck...drop in a hot humbucker and you'll get quite a tonal punch. Not to mention tons of harmonic overtones and shit

Latest Threads