Beatles, Get Back Documentary

shark

Reaction score
liverpudlians have lots of grotty speech habits. scousers they all be :naughty:

and yes grotty is a fine word to add to anyones vocabularial skill set.

and yup had my moms wig on and my uncle bobs guitar. I forgot to put on the pearls but my future had been determined by Ed Sullivan.

I am forever grateful to Tiny Tim for not being on my fab to watch list

Pop1655

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Several disclaimers. I should reserve comment until I'm finished. Finished one and barely started two last night. Haven't gotten to the second real talk yet. Also was watching right after reading about Darrell. A bit of a weird mindset. I've always been a Beatles fan, never a Paul or John fan. I never connected with either. I've always been a huge George fan. Concert for George will always be one of my very favorites. At this point, all I've done is confirm previously held beliefs. If there's a change, it's that my opinion of Ringo has gone up some.

https://www.beatlesbible.com/albums/let-it-be/ is an excellent read !!!!
Warning, it's one of those sites with pop ups from hell. It was worth it to me, but just know.
It's a really good piece.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Several disclaimers. I should reserve comment until I'm finished. Finished one and barely started two last night. Haven't gotten to the second real talk yet. Also was watching right after reading about Darrell. A bit of a weird mindset. I've always been a Beatles fan, never a Paul or John fan. I never connected with either. I've always been a huge George fan. Concert for George will always be one of my very favorites. At this point, all I've done is confirm previously held beliefs. If there's a change, it's that my opinion of Ringo has gone up some.

https://www.beatlesbible.com/albums/let-it-be/ is an excellent read !!!!
Warning, it's one of those sites with pop ups from hell. It was worth it to me, but just know.
It's a really good piece.

Thanks -- I read that over coffee this morning. It was a very good article.

FWIW, after decades, based on what I saw, my opinion of Paul (ignoring the fact that he is a musical genius), went down quite a bit. My opinion of John (another musical genius) went up considerably, as did my thoughts on Ringo. Ringo was such a calm person. Brilliant in his own right, but not assertive. I remained neutral on George and I definitely could see why Paul and John 'whipped' him. He seemed a bit submissive, and that is not a good trait in the company of two dominate personalities.

Now, back to (re)learning Johs's part in Get Back and Georges parts in Don't Let Me Down.

Last edited:

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I can understand people thinking Paul is being too assertive and stuff at this point in their career but then I remember Brian Epstein had died and Paul was the only thing really holding the band together... maybe forcefully; but someone had to do it.

Shred Astaire

Reaction score
I can understand people thinking Paul is being too assertive and stuff at this point in their career but then I remember Brian Epstein had died and Paul was the only thing really holding the band together... maybe forcefully; but someone had to do it.

I’ve only watched most of the first episode and it seemed to me like Paul was the only one taking it seriously and trying to write some great songs. He provided feedback and others just got mad instead of figuring it out. He took on the role of the band manager without a vote maybe. Like I said though; I haven’t finished the first episode.

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
He did. Nature hates a vacuum and all that, someone had to step up. George and Ringo were too passive and John was too deep in drugs and Yoko.

Last edited:

DotStudio

Reaction score
Granted I'm only half way through Ep 2, but I love how this has always been touted as the most dysfunctional implosion of a band, but it pales in comparison to Metallica's whiny little bitchfest in Some Kind of Monster.

shark

Reaction score
saw paul when he was on tour the last time he came to houston. scheduled that night was him doing "here comes the sun" to the astronauts on the space station. It didnt happen but he was and is still an amazing performer. The whole show was freeking amazing. I was so close after they had played "Helter Skelter" I yelled out "I got blisters on my fingers" and got a finger point from Paul. Thats right up there with me getting to shake hands with Elvis.

Its always been faddish to bash the Beatles for whom ever they were or were not. Most the bashers dont live in castles or are called Sir in jolly England. So its not surprising to see so much beatle hate when all they need is love :)

OldBenKenobi

Reaction score
Mine was when Paul was creating Get Back from thin air and George was just yawning the entire time. :rofl:

That was fucking incredible to watch.

At the same time, George brings in "I, Me, Mine," (one of my favorite Beatles tunes) and they're just like "neat."

Far from huffing their own farts, they're hilariously underwhelmed by themselves. The fact that they gave themselves what, two fucking weeks? And after three days they're opining that they've only got four songs written, and they're all classics. Hilarious.

saw paul when he was on tour the last time he came to houston. scheduled that night was him doing "here comes the sun" to the astronauts on the space station. It didnt happen but he was and is still an amazing performer. The whole show was freeking amazing. I was so close after they had played "Helter Skelter" I yelled out "I got blisters on my fingers" and got a finger point from Paul. Thats right up there with me getting to shake hands with Elvis.

Its always been faddish to bash the Beatles for whom ever they were or were not. Most the bashers dont live in castles or are called Sir in jolly England. So its not surprising to see so much beatle hate when all they need is love :)

In my book that's about as close to a sign from God as you can get these days.

bilbarstow

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
All I can say is that it's a good thing I wasn't in the Apple Lobby when the the "Bobbies" showed up. I'd have created an international incident by punching a couple of coppers.

Loved the call from the people across the street "How can I get these people off of my roof ?"

Latest Threads