Beatles, Get Back Documentary

LocoTex

Reaction score
I'm about halfway thru Ep. 1. It does drag at times but, hey, it's the Beatles!

It was interesting to watch the full famous "argument" between McCartney and Harrison. One thing I'm picking up on is that McCartney showed very little respect towards Harrison. A really big ego showing.

MikeyTheCat

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meh.

We just finished watching the first part tonight. I wanted to slice my wrists during most of it. It was largely boring AF.

But (big BUT)... watching their songs come out of the blue, from nothing to something -- was awesome. The sheer brilliance and genius of John and Paul (and to a lesser extent Ringo and George) is almost inconceivable to me. Seeing them write in real time and watching the songs evolve, take shape, and grow was so cool.

It was hard to get through it, but worth it.

As my wife said, it was a lot like your band practices, but you weren’t the Beatles. And why she was one of the girlfriends who never sat around watching us.

DavGrape

In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey.
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took the bait on the Diz+ $1.99 offer couple weeks ago, not even realizing Get Back was slated for release.
I wonder if they did that on purpose, now.

Well, I'm able to watch it now, at least.

bilbarstow

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm about halfway thru Ep. 1. It does drag at times but, hey, it's the Beatles!

It was interesting to watch the full famous "argument" between McCartney and Harrison. One thing I'm picking up on is that McCartney showed very little respect towards Harrison. A really big ego showing.
I think that the thing with that argument is that we don't get to see the 50 times before that one that were just the same.

It's not too hard for me to see that George was still regarded as the "little brother", but in his defense, Lennon and McCartney were hard to live "up to". And at that point, McCartney was "pushing" a lot, because ....

WHAT BAND THINKS THAT THEY COULD WRITE AND PRODUCE AN ENTIRE ALBUM AND PERFORMANCE IN 21 DAYS ?

Phil W

Reaction score
I refuse to feed the Rat Channel so await a disc release with superior sound and vision.
Yes, I know buying the discs will also feed the Rat but I'm NOT subscribing ...

mX6_sXHi_400x400.jpg

DavGrape

In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey.
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, I tried it... fast forwarded thru 1956 up to noodling in the studio.
Yep... gave up...
Love the Beatles, but noodling in the studio, blah.

I read in one book that the Beatles loved the whole studio process, and worked hours, right from the start.
Hence; great sounding records.
Me, I can't take 20 minutes recording.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Yea, all things considered, and forgetting what she looks like now -- I would have taken a run a her in the coatroom.

MikeyTheCat

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score

You don't know the half of it. She looked like a model but with the knack of popping a musician's balloon like the guy working the board front of house.
She's still a beauty and up until recently would buy me the occasional guitar.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Just finished watching part 2.... it was as painful as part 1. Billy Preston joined the sessions and it was an instant mood change. The energy level dial got turned up to 11. The whole dynamic changed 180 degrees.

The creative process still leaves me awestruck. I would give a ball to have that kind of ability. They did a few recordings for the album and they had the album version of one song on film (no spoiler).

As much as the dredge is laborious to watch, it would not be the same without it.

Uncle Vinnie

Proud Boomer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Yoko's in it, I don't want to see it.

Can't stand seeing her in the sessions interfering with one of the most creative music collaborative partnerships in history, and she's going to make suggestions???? Bad enough watching "Let It Be" and her hang around the studio like an albatross around Lennon's neck.

I gotta believe she was at the very least a catalyst of the break up.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I don't really have too much butthurt for Yoko. Remember, all she did was spread her legs. It was John who came down with an incurable case of Yoko-Pussyitus. He just may have simply reached a point where given a choice between the band and Yoko, he chose her.

Put yourself in his position. And, don't assume that "both" is an answer.

I think she is a huge c*nt. But, if it was me and I had to make a choice like that, I'd choose my wife - every time.

While I am clearly not an expert on the subject, I think Paul turning into a huge dick may have had just as much (maybe more) to do with them spitting up, as Yoko. And, how much longer could they continue to treat George like shit?

Like a failing marriage - they all just began to grow apart and found different interests. It was inevitable.

Part 3 tonight... looking forward to seeing how they came to the decision to perform on the roof and all that went into that show.

Latest Threads