Beast JCM900 Full Stack *NAD*

Deftone

Reaction score
Some nice demos on the 900. Still not getting the hate but to each his own. I don't understand people in general anyways.

I do know I fucking love this amp.

Decent blues tones IMHO....

grumphh

Reaction score
Decent blues tones IMHO....

At ~1:40 despite the bad recording quality, right after stating that bass is at 8 and mids are at 10 i believe i hear him saying that "treble and presence are both off"... o_O

By all means, correct me if i heard that wrong - because then the following conclusion will be wrong as well :)

But if i heard that correctly, i am sorry to say that it means that i am right about my experience with this particular model of 900*, wich is that it is pretty much unbearably bright.

If an amp doesn't sound muffled as #### with both treble and presence "off", imo there is something wrong with it.
Even my Laney GH50, which is known to be a "bright" amp sounds muddy if treble and presence are turned "off".

Once again, some people might find that sort of tone useful - as a single guitarist using "hard rock / medium / well below metal" levels of gain at most, in a quartet of dr+b+g+singer it was not useful to me.

* Which is not a dual reverb but a mkiii. Never owned a DR900 which apparently has a preamp that is pretty much a SS preamp.
That is in fact a good thing, as Marshall made some really good SS amps in the 80's - and one of those coupled with a good power section is likely to sound good :yesway:

Last edited:

Deftone

Reaction score
At ~1:40 despite the bad recording quality, right after stating that bass is at 8 and mids are at 10 i believe i hear him saying that "treble and presence are both off"... o_O

By all means, correct me if i heard that wrong - because then the following conclusion will be wrong as well :)

But if i heard that correctly, i am sorry to say that it means that i am right about my experience with this particular model of 900*, wich is that it is pretty much unbearably bright.

If an amp doesn't sound muffled as #### with both treble and presence "off", imo there is something wrong with it.
Even my Laney GH50, which is known to be a "bright" amp sounds muddy if treble and presence are turned "off".

Once again, some people might find that sort of tone useful - as a single guitarist using "hard rock / medium / well below metal" levels of gain at most, in a quartet of dr+b+g+singer it was not useful to me.

* Which is not a dual reverb but a mkiii. Never owned a DR900 which apparently has a preamp that is pretty much a SS preamp.
That is in fact a good thing, as Marshall made some really good SS amps in the 80's - and one of those coupled with a good power section is likely to sound good :yesway:
I think it's pretty widely accepted that the JCM900 a Metal Amp. It's NOT for you, as you have said, many times on this forum and others. You posted FOUR TIMES in this thread alone that you don't like the JCM900. I think EVERYONE and their mother understands that.

At some point you have to ask yourself, whom are you actually trying to convince? Yourself?

IMHO, a lot of these 900's that people don't like are probably in need of some repair. It's a complex amplifier.

I still fucking love it. I'd buy another if it were stolen and if I see a good deal on another one...I'll probably buy that one too.

grumphh

Reaction score
I think it's pretty widely accepted that the JCM900 a Metal Amp. It's NOT for you, as you have said, many times on this forum and others. You posted FOUR TIMES in this thread alone that you don't like the JCM900. I think EVERYONE and their mother understands that.

At some point you have to ask yourself, whom are you actually trying to convince? Yourself?

IMHO, a lot of these 900's that people don't like are probably in need of some repair. It's a complex amplifier.

I still fucking love it. I'd buy another if it were stolen and if I see a good deal on another one...I'll probably buy that one too.
Why would you post clips of two completely different amps, if you didn't want a reaction?

Do you perhaps not realize that despite both amps having the JCM900 name, the two amps in the vids have very little in common?

But yeah, i'll get off your lawn now :)

Deftone

Reaction score
Why would you post clips of two completely different amps, if you didn't want a reaction?

Do you perhaps not realize that despite both amps having the JCM900 name, the two amps in the vids have very little in common?

But yeah, i'll get off your lawn now :)
Because they both sound great.

I'm talking JCM900 in general terms. But wow, I had no idea there are three different JCM900's: DR, MKIII, & SL-X. 100 and 50w hear and 1x12 & 2X12 combo versions of each. Thanks for letting me know.

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
Because they both sound great.

I'm talking JCM900 in general terms. But wow, I had no idea there are three different JCM900's: DR, MKIII, & SL-X. 100 and 50w hear and 1x12 & 2X12 combo versions of each. Thanks for letting me know.
And there can be strong opinions about them.
Just warning you, since I know you’re new to innernets.

Latest Threads