Be creative and have a chance to win a pair of black diamond & gold earrings

redcoats1976

Reaction score
i dont do face book.how about"black diamonds.as much a fashion statement for your lady as a black 73 LP custom would be for you"ok,so id be more exited about a black LPC...

GuitarToneFreak

Reaction score
Done - entered with regards to the company's existing tag lines. Tried to come up with something that'd naturally fit in. :dude:

bertzie

Reaction score
We are not offering a cash prize, however if you were to purchase these at at a store the suggested retail price would be $300.00
There's nothing in the rules about selling them after you win is there?

WavMixer

Reaction score
There's nothing in the rules about selling them after you win is there?
Whom ever wins these is free to do what they want with them, just as we are free to use the winning tag line as we want. Even exchange, earrings for words. :thumb:

geochem1st

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I see that you know a bit about diamonds :thumb:

The 4 C's in diamonds are indeed the determining factor with the less color being the most valuable. There are no natural pink or green diamonds, these have been artificially colored and are usually a very low color rating. Canary diamonds, a yellow color are at the very bottom of the color scale usually a Z rating. True that the darker diamonds are used in drill bits and were used on phonograph needles in the days prior to CD and DVD. If you go the the mall and look into a jewelry store you will see that color diamonds are very popular and much less expensive than colorless diamonds.

Well enough on diamond education, that is not what I intended this thread to be about. If you do not like the earrings we are giving away, that is is fine. If you are interested in winning a pair that is fine too.

I'm sorry I just have a thing for misinformation. I know a great deal about diamonds and minerals, I'm a geologist who worked as a diamond buyer for some distinguished jewelry firms.

There are no natural pink or green diamonds, these have been artificially colored and are usually a very low color rating.
It's statements like this that bother me. While it's true that the vast majority of colored diamonds found in your local mall stores have been treated to get their color, natural pink and green diamonds do exist. Diamonds are found in just about all colors of the rainbow. The natural greens are usually weak in color, the apple green varieties radiation enhanced. Blue is a strong color, as well as yellow. Strong naturally colored diamonds command a lot of money.

Anyone can search the web for pics of various examples of naturally colored diamonds, like these from the Natural History Museum, Cromwell Road, London SW7 5BD, UK.

Black Velvet is a marketing ploy, which is why I commented.....

But back to the original programming.

poncho

Banned
Reaction score
Never thought I'd see a thread about diamonds here, that's fer dang sure

WavMixer

Reaction score
I'm sorry I just have a thing for misinformation. I know a great deal about diamonds and minerals, I'm a geologist who worked as a diamond buyer for some distinguished jewelry firms.

It's statements like this that bother me. While it's true that the vast majority of colored diamonds found in your local mall stores have been treated to get their color, natural pink and green diamonds do exist. Diamonds are found in just about all colors of the rainbow. The natural greens are usually weak in color, the apple green varieties radiation enhanced. Blue is a strong color, as well as yellow.

Anyone can search the web for pics of various examples of naturally colored diamonds, like these from the Natural History Museum, Cromwell Road, London SW7 5BD, UK.

Black Velvet is a marketing ploy, which is why I commented.....

But back to the original programming.
I do stand corrected, yes indeed there are various natural colors of diamonds, but as you stated most of the colored diamonds in the stores are artificially colored. Le Vian has the copyright on the name "chocolate diamonds", we own the copyright on "cafe diamonds" both of which are just brown diamonds. Both of these are indeed a marketing technique. Le Vian has been very succesful in their marketing, I could only hope to be as succesful in our marketing. Our cafe diamonds are natural and not artifically colored as you may find in many jewelry stores. But alas I am not a jewelry expert, I came into this job as a graphic designer and web programmer. I'm just trying to drive traffic to our site and include members who share my hobbies a chance to win a cool prize.

SixAngryStrings

Señor Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
For $300 I'll just sing KISS for you...

"WhoooOoooo! Black Diamond!!!

Dunnuh dunt dunt dunt dunnunt duhhh!!!"

Latest Threads