Be creative and have a chance to win a pair of black diamond & gold earrings

WavMixer

Reaction score
Greetings fellow fretters,

I have been working in the jewelry business for a while now as the marketing manager and we are having a contest to find a new tag line for our Black Velvet Diamond collection. Here is your chance to win that special someone in your life a really nice gift. Or for you female string pluckers, a nice present for yourself! With all of the creative musicians here, I know someone will come up with our new tag line!

Be creative and have a chance to win a pair of Black Velvet 14K gold stud earrings. Sandra Biachi is looking for a new tag line for our Black Velvet Diamond Collection and awarding a pair of earrings to the winner.

Just follow these three simple steps for a chance to win.

1 - Create a tagline for our Black Velvet diamond collection.
2 - Like us on Facebook.
3 - Post your submission on Facebook.

If we use your entry, you win a pair of our Black Velvet diamond post earrings!
Examples of our other taglines can be viewed at our web site Sandra Biachi Fine Jewelry. The winner will be posted on Facebook and if the winner is from MLP, we will also post the winner here.

SKATTERBRANE

Banned
Reaction score
"Put a lump of coal in your honey's stocking this Christmas.....black velvet diamond."

COPYRIGHT!

Oh, and I don't do Facebook.

Electroman67

Reaction score
Done and done, i entered ' The mystique of Black. The intimacy of Velvet. Black Velvet Diamonds......holla back

RBA

Banned
Reaction score
Like Wesley Snipes said in Passenger 57:

"Always Bet On Black."

Get them there Black Diamonds for your loved one today

WavMixer

Reaction score
So you need facebook in order to enter the contest? Lame.
If the truth be told, I too am not a fan of facebook. But this is all about business and social media is the driving force. I'd rather be at home playing with Burla's G-String (Burla is my guitar) but the landlord wants his rent so I gotta do the 9 to 5 gig to keep a roof over my head. Seeing as how there are indeed a ton of talented people here, I thought that I would extend this invitation my fellow twang fiddle pluckers. Don't hate the player, hate the game. :slash:

ehs5mw

Reaction score
Thanks for the opportunity, and I appreciate your honesty. Count me in with the crowd of not being willing to like something on facebook just for an opportunity to win something. The whole idea just makes me nervous. Oh, well.

WavMixer

Reaction score
Thanks for the opportunity, and I appreciate your honesty. Count me in with the crowd of not being willing to like something on facebook just for an opportunity to win something. The whole idea just makes me nervous. Oh, well.
The whole purpose behind this is more about getting likes than finding a new tag line. BUT... if someone here is against posting on facebook and posts a killer tag line in this thread and we use it, you will still be eligable to win the earrings. However I would prefer that if you have a facebook account you do post it there. Play on my bruthas!

coldengray

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
If the prize is worth more than 5k you have to bond this in NY and FL...if you're just pulling a name out of your hat full of "likes".

WavMixer

Reaction score
If the prize is worth more than 5k you have to bond this in NY and FL...if you're just pulling a name out of your hat full of "likes".
Well this prize is not worth more than $5k, and we are not just pulling a name out of a hat. We plan to use this as our tag line for our Black Velvet diamond collection. Sorry I do not work for gibson and giving away a LP, but it is what it is.

geochem1st

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Why would I want the absolutely worse color for a diamond?

Black diamonds are used in drill bits. Black doesn't qualify as a fancy color like canary, or pink, or green diamonds do.

The brilliance of a diamond comes from light reflecting off of the bottom pavillion facets, reversing path and traveling up through to the top facets where the light becomes refracted. Colorless diamonds, especially with no inclusions and cut to the correct proportions do this best as light is not absorbed. Black does not transmit much light.

Lungo

Reaction score

Black diamonds are used in drill bits. Black doesn't qualify as a fancy color like canary, or pink, or green diamonds do.

The brilliance of a diamond comes from light reflecting off of the bottom pavillion facets, reversing path and traveling up through to the top facets where the light becomes refracted. Colorless diamonds, especially with no inclusions and cut to the correct proportions do this best as light is not absorbed. Black does not transmit much light.

Howard2k

Reaction score

"Black Velvet Diamonds - quality so questionable you'll only want to wear them at night"

:)

OP - no offence intended.

Strato

Banned
Reaction score
I'll take my chances and see if I can win Stock Hippie some new jewelry. That would go real nice with a new outfit from Ross'.
Thanks.

omfug4life

Reaction score
"A Black Velvet diamond will get you laid faster than a black velvet painting of elvis"?

twinrider1

Reaction score
Wooo ooooh Black Diamonds.

Where do I send my address?

WavMixer

Reaction score

I see that you know a bit about diamonds :thumb:

The 4 C's in diamonds are indeed the determining factor with the less color being the most valuable. There are no natural pink or green diamonds, these have been artificially colored and are usually a very low color rating. Canary diamonds, a yellow color are at the very bottom of the color scale usually a Z rating. True that the darker diamonds are used in drill bits and were used on phonograph needles in the days prior to CD and DVD. If you go the the mall and look into a jewelry store you will see that color diamonds are very popular and much less expensive than colorless diamonds.

Well enough on diamond education, that is not what I intended this thread to be about. If you do not like the earrings we are giving away, that is is fine. If you are interested in winning a pair that is fine too.

Latest Threads