BC Rich Pro X Custom X3

Victek

Reaction score

Attachments

armycopter

Reaction score
I bought one Sunday. Decent price with decent feedback. I've wanted a mockingbird since the 80's. Should arrive in a week or so.

Victek

Reaction score
I bought one Sunday. Decent price with decent feedback. I've wanted a mockingbird since the 80's. Should arrive in a week or so.
Great! I hope you will post a NGD thread with a review.

Edit: By the way, I just read the feedback on the MF site. There were only a few "cons" mentioned, one being the pickups sounding muddy. I'll be interested to hear what you think about the sound.

kevinpaul

Reaction score
I have never seen one like that, it is a beauty and 400 bones is right. I will look to test one next trip.

Victek

Reaction score
I forgot to ask if you went with the gold or chrome/nickle finish? The gold looks really nice, but the tobacco burst top is quite different. Also I've heard that the gold finish doesn't hold up well over time. I wonder if that's unavoidable or if fading can be prevented with proper care?

armycopter

Reaction score
I went with chrome as the gold was on backorder until May. Turns out I will have it tonight. UPS is out for delivery.

Victek

Reaction score
I went with chrome as the gold was on backorder until May. Turns out I will have it tonight. UPS is out for delivery.
Yeah, I noticed that long back order for the gold model.

Looking forward to your first impressions.:hmm:

armycopter

Reaction score
Opened the box but it's been outside all day. I don't want to mess with it until it gets to room temp. Probably tomorrow I'll give it a whirl. First impression is that it's gorgeous and feels like a quality instrument. I'll do a better review soon.

armycopter

Reaction score
Ok well I like the guitar. The fit and finish are very nice and typical of many Korean guitars, with a nice glossy finish made of some impervious material. I can't find a finish flaw on the guitar anywhere. The frets are well dressed with no sharp edges. The neck is very comfortable and I would describe it as a modern C shape. I actually like the pups so far. Volume is balanced across all three and each sound different. Electronics all work as they should and seem adequate. The guitar is well balanced for sitting (which is how I play) and feels comfortable.

Overall a great looking, nice sounding, and nice playing guitar. Very pleased. I'll try to take some pics later and do a NGD thread.

Victek

Reaction score
Ok well I like the guitar. The fit and finish are very nice and typical of many Korean guitars, with a nice glossy finish made of some impervious material. I can't find a finish flaw on the guitar anywhere. The frets are well dressed with no sharp edges. The neck is very comfortable and I would describe it as a modern C shape. I actually like the pups so far. Volume is balanced across all three and each sound different. Electronics all work as they should and seem adequate. The guitar is well balanced for sitting (which is how I play) and feels comfortable.
I'm glad to hear that the guitar is flawless and your first impression is positive. I'm interested in the neck in particular. I went to GC yesterday and played a different model Mockingbird; I liked the neck on it, but I don't know if the "birds" all have the same neck profile. I thought it was thin, like my PRS SE CU24 "wide thin" neck. How does the X3 neck compare with your Les Paul (I find the LP necks kind of chunky)?

Looking forward to your NGD thread :thumb:

ShelbyFreak

Reaction score
Nice guitars. I used to own a Mockingbird ST. Neck was awesome. I miss that guitar.

Victek

Reaction score
Nice guitars. I used to own a Mockingbird ST. Neck was awesome. I miss that guitar.
They have a very unique look that I like. By the way, do MockingBirds fit in any of the standard hard shell cases? I see that there's a case made specifically for it, but it's pricey.

warmachine

Reaction score
That looks awesome! What is the pecking order in the Bc Rich mockinbird lineup? They have so many I cant figure it out.

I have an 1984 NJ Mockingbird bolt on I absolutely adore.

Victek

Reaction score
That looks awesome! What is the pecking order in the Bc Rich mockinbird lineup? They have so many I cant figure it out.
Price ranges from $200 to $1000 on MF. It would be helpful to know what the differences are in more detail.

warmachine

Reaction score
Price ranges from $200 to $1000 on MF. It would be helpful to know in what the differences are in more detail.
I guess what are the top 2 or 3 levels down from having U.S.A. Built model?

I want to know cause I see their import built guitars all the time on craigslist and have probably missed a great deal assuming they are cheapo Bronze series.

TeaForTwo

The Guitar Whisperer
Reaction score
Very nice....I've been eyeing those for a while.

Victek

Reaction score
Very nice....I've been eyeing those for a while.
FYI Guitar Center finally sold out the model with the silver/chrome hardware - I know because I tried to buy and just missed the last one :noway:. The model with the gold hardware is still listed as becoming available on 5-8-15. I was told that both versions are discontinued though, so they won't be getting any more with the chrome hardware and they don't even know for sure if the gold hardware version will come in. :hmm:

Latest Threads