BC Rich Mockingbird STQ Electric Guitar

Steel City Psycho

Reaction score
The HB103 are supposed to be similar to the Duncan Distortion. I had a guitar with them in 20 years ago and they sounded good, not sure if they changed them since.

I haven't bought from AMS in a long time, but I never had a problem with them.

The_Nuge

Reaction score
Hi!

Doesn't look bad actually!
Don't they have a no quibbles return policy? If so, I'd order it and see how you like it! Mockingbird can be very neck heavy, but are otherwise really nice guitars!

Cheers

Es

corabi79

Reaction score
I just picked this up in walnut a month ago. I'm very impressed with it and can't complain at all about the pickups. I ordered from zzsounds. Hope this helps

KP11520

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember seeing a Vintage Spalted Maple Top Mockingbird for sale on CL (Connecticut) a couple of years ago for $1100 or so.

Use SearchTempest: Search all of Craigslist nationwide & more and get a REAL vintage one. They show up eventually for a steal. I have also seen them for $4K.

I have a 1980 BCR Eagle. These are the real deal!

Victek

Reaction score
I just picked this up in walnut a month ago. I'm very impressed with it and can't complain at all about the pickups. I ordered from zzsounds. Hope this helps
Thanks for mentioning zzounds.com. I didn't think to check that site. I'm glad you're liking the guitar. How does it balance when you play standing with a strap? And by the way:

HNGD! :thumb:

corabi79

Reaction score
Zero neck dive. This is one of the nicest mockingbirds I've owned

Victek

Reaction score
Zero neck dive. This is one of the nicest mockingbirds I've owned
Thanks for confirming the good balance. I decided to order one from zzounds. I should have it next week sometime and will do a NGD thread with some pics (cause otherwise it didn't happen :) ). I've started looking around for a case if the guitar doesn't fit in one I already have. The official BC Rich hard shells are a bit pricey. I'm open to a gig bag too. Any suggestions appreciated. TIA :thumb:

Edit:

Just saw this gig bag

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Rockbag-Ironbird-Mockingbird-Electric-Premium/dp/B002NJT7XC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1426166497&sr=8-1&keywords=RB+20623[/ame]

Latest Threads