Baseball 2021

mtgguitar

Reaction score
New York Yankees manager Aaron Boone is taking an immediate medical leave of absence to have surgery to get a pacemaker, the team announced Wednesday. Boone who had open-heart surgery in 2009 is 47. ESPN News Services

wildhawk1

Reaction score
Worked at the old Tiger Stadium in Detroit during the mid 70's as an usher.

Players average salary was mid 40k, they didn't live in mansions with supercars in the garage, above the upper deck there were no private suites filled with people that couldn't name three players and a ticket, parking, and trip to the concession stand didn't clean dad's wallet out taking his son to a game.

Then corporate America came knocking.

Like the NFL, NASCAR, yadayada it's been downhill ever since for numerous reasons.

pmonk

Reaction score
New York Yankees manager Aaron Boone is taking an immediate medical leave of absence to have surgery to get a pacemaker, the team announced Wednesday. Boone who had open-heart surgery in 2009 is 47. ESPN News Services
I wonder if Cashman will be given the controls to the pacemaker?

Last edited:

mtgguitar

Reaction score
Pittsburgh has a player who is 6' 7": ONEIL CRUZ.

Pittsburgh Pirates #61
HT/WT
6' 7",

Tone deaf

Reaction score
That m***** f***** (Walk off homer in 2003 ALCS against the beloved Red Sox)...I wish him well.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
I remember exactly where I was when Bucky hit a far more famous one
Me too...sadly. My former biz partner (Yanks fan) used to have* a Mike Torrez/Bucky Dent signed (by both) baseball in a 'glass' cube on his desk to bust my balls (he bought it at a charity auction we attended together).

* Past tense because I took it to an industrial shredder and stuffed the remains back in the cube and put it back on his desk.

DavGrape

Reaction score
Saw my first game when I was 9; 1968 against the Indians.
We're walking through the stadium, my Dad goes, "Hey, Ernie!"
It's Ernie Harwell, weighed down with shoulder bags, going through a door.
He gave a polite wave.
The whole thing was awesome.

Latest Threads