Barry Bailey

toneguy86

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I have always loved Barry Bailey from Atlanta Rhythm Section for his tone and feel. I hear he is retired and not touring anymore, but has some great, great stuff out there from his long career. Anyone else?

Mark

patrick ginnaty

Reaction score
I have always loved Barry Bailey from Atlanta Rhythm Section for his tone and feel. I hear he is retired and not touring anymore, but has some great, great stuff out there from his long career. Anyone else?

Mark
GREAT player!:thumb:

toneguy86

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
GREAT player!:thumb:

As I'm cruising the oldies and classic rock station (scary when the music you grew up with falls into those categories...but I digress :)) occasionally I will hear Spooky or one of the other hits they had and I can't help but smile. The solos are just full of life and passion with to die for amazing LP into Marshall tone (if I remember right from when I saw him play back in the day he uses an early 70s gold top). They are never long solos, but they just make the songs. Elliot Easton is another pop rock sorta guy that can do the same thing, but I just like Barry's tone more.

I was cruising another forum where his name came up and a guy on the forum claims he met him at a gas station awhile ago. Barry told him he was retired for "health reasons" and wasn't playing with anyone. I hope he is still playing.

Mark

Lousyatit

Reaction score
I heard that it was some type of neuromuscular problem. I love the way that he phrases.

SonicBoom

Reaction score
Outstanding musician. In fact, all of ARS are top notch musicians. I heard them at a street party in Orlando a hundred years back - old LP (GT, I think) and a Fender Twin Reverb. Smokin' tone.

Latest Threads