Bare Knuckle quality?

b-squared

Banned
Reaction score
My impression is that they are a first rate company that has 'it' going on. Professional, courteous, and they sell a quality product.

While a particular guitar may not 'gel' with a particular pickup set, I've never heard a disparaging word about BK Pickups, or their customer service...ever.

BB

StuartMac

Reaction score
Bare Knuckle Pickups will not ever allow poor quality pickups out the door. Of course they are not a one-man business but all staff are trained and expected to work to strict standards. Parts quality is superb and mostly custom made in the UK at great expense.

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I was doing some research into Bare Knuckles when this post caught my eye. I just wanted to applaud it for the sheer class it displays from another manufacturer.

Well done, mate. I'll be ordering a set of something from you in the future.

dlmorley

Reaction score
Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I was doing some research into Bare Knuckles when this post caught my eye. I just wanted to applaud it for the sheer class it displays from another manufacturer.

Well done, mate. I'll be ordering a set of something from you in the future.

Agreed. Respect. Next time I'm looking for pups, I'll be over at
Shed Pickups //
checking them out

marantz1300

Reaction score
I bought a used Apache set.One pup was not working.I sent them to BKP and they were repaired and sent back within a week for free.

Montrose

Reaction score
I used to have a Abraxas in the bridge. GREAT PICKUP. Awesome tone, and sent most amps into overdrive without even plugging it in. I regret trading it, and I'm trying to get another one. It was expensive, but well worth it. I can't speak highly enough about BKP's.

Boydie

Reaction score
I have just ordered a set of MULEs from BareKnuckle and the service has been top notch during the ordering process

I also just wanted to point out that I did not get a negative vibe about BKP from the original post - the guitar tech said he used to have them and they were great - he just doesn't carry them any more, I didn't get the feeling he was criticising them he just changed his line :hmm:

Cpt_Gonzo

Reaction score
Currently thinking about replacing the DiMarzios in my Strat with a BKP Holy Diver set and any singlecoil...they look and sound very tempting.
It's nice to read that they are such a great company. Now, all I need is money... :D

tinribs

Reaction score
Currently thinking about replacing the DiMarzios in my Strat with a BKP Holy Diver set and any singlecoil...they look and sound very tempting.
It's nice to read that they are such a great company. Now, all I need is money... :D

I have the Holydiver in my Charvel, awesome sounding pickup

HOT-BRIT

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
when some one puts down one brand and recommends an other brand, well you have to question there motives, whats in it for them?

KennyD

Reaction score
I have an Emerald set and think they're excellent.

Over and above the quality of the pickup, the customer service is first class. I had actually ordered an Abraxas neck and Emerald bridge as, on paper, they should have given me the sound I wanted.

Turns out I wasn't keen on the Abraxas. I returned it and was sent out an Emerald replacement without any problem.

That's what I call good customer service!

SrDeMaFp

Reaction score
Tim is top notch. I will say this over and over again.

Absolutely! When another winder recommends 'em, you know it's good shit! Tim is awesome as well and really knows tone. I couldn't be happier with my BKP's.:thumb:

captcoolaid

Reaction score
When I started this whole thing it was and his build quality that i strive for in every set i build.

BrazenPicker

Reaction score
Just placed an order for a bunch of their pots. Quite hard not to order some of their pickups as well, there's several of their sets that I'd like to try. Something I do admire about BKP is that they have a full range of pickups, from vintage to modern. I'd like to try some of their modern ones too. I have zero interest in trying to play modern metal, but I like the fat, compressed cleans on the painkiller, for instance. The Trilogy Suites intrigue me as well -- definitely something different from my other strat pickups.

BrazenPicker

Reaction score
OK, I broke down and called them up to throw a Trilogy Suite set in my order as well... Was going to buy them sooner or later anyway, so might as well do it now.

BrianGT

Reaction score
OK, I broke down and called them up to throw a Trilogy Suite set in my order as well... Was going to buy them sooner or later anyway, so might as well do it now.

You'll have them quicker than you can blink!! I'm sure you will like them!:)

BrianGT

Reaction score
Absolutely! When another winder recommends 'em, you know it's good shit! Tim is awesome as well and really knows tone. I couldn't be happier with my BKP's.:thumb:

He is also a MONSTER player!!! KILLER! :wow:

Latest Threads