Bare Knuckle Pickups Nailbomb bridge

ErictheRed

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Excellent condition Bare Knuckle Alnico Nailbomb bridge pickup, 53mm spacing (F-spacing), nickel cover. Pickup has full lead length. Box and paperwork included, as well as springs, etc. I bought it new and had it in a custom direct-mount guitar for a few months, but I'm more of a PAF guy and decided that this is too high output/too aggressive for me and went with a Bare Knuckle Emerald in this guitar instead.

It's really a great pickup though, and considered one of the most versatile high output pickups out there. People say that it can do everything from hot blues to classic rock to modern metal, however for me personally, I think it sounds like the ideal 90's and beyond aggressive/hard rock or metal pickup. It cleans up pretty well and responds great to rolling the volume back, but to my ears, it has a nice "bite" that makes it excel at more aggressive music, which ultimately wasn't what I wanted all of the time.

00b0b_97LBpiEeNmY_0lM0t2_1200x900.jpg

01515_dqyckWBeick_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00606_9gTz1cgL0aM_0lM0t2_1200x900.jpg

Because it was in a direct-mount guitar, the holes are drilled for wider screws (I believe 1/8") than normal, so depending on how your guitar mounts the pickups, you might need to pick up some additional hardware at the store. If it's going into another direct mount guitar you should be fine. My guitar has wood screw anchors like these, so the screws never "attach" to the pickup, if you know what I mean. The screws just go through the pickup holes into these screw inserts in the guitar, and springs keep it floating tightly in place.

1608409349109.png

I just want to make sure that whoever buys it has no issues mounting it.

I'd like to get $130 PayPal'd and shipped, thanks!

Last edited:

ErictheRed

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Bump, $125 PayPal'd and shipped CONUS, will not go lower, thanks.

ErictheRed

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'll tell you what, I'll do $120 shipped total, definitely will not go lower than that!

akuster777

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a NB bridge in an HH strat. superb range, excellent note definition. good luck with sale

BKS

Reaction score
Nice pickup, not looking for one right now but were can i get those wood screw anchor, what size?
:hippie:

ErictheRed

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Nice pickup, not looking for one right now but were can i get those wood screw anchor, what size?
:hippie:
You could get them at any hardware store, although I noticed this: https://reverb.com/item/6945257-ehs-guitar-pickup-direct-mounting-kit-4-40-1-sae-screw

I'm not sure that I understand your question exactly though, you don't need them to mount this pickup. It depends on the guitar that you're putting it in. This is a 53mm bridge anyway so it wouldn't work for a Gibson, but a Gibson mounts pickups into pickup rings and the screws actually "mate" with the pickup (screw into the sides of the pickup holes) to hold it in place. The pikcup holes are drilled to be the same size as the screws that go into the pickup rings.

This was in a surface mount guitar (a Mayones Setius) that mounts the pickups differently. It uses wider screws, and the screws don't mate to the pickup holes. The holes in the pickup are slightly larger than a Gibson and have no threads. I believe that they are 1/8". Anyway for this (and many other surface mount or direct mount pickups), the screws just go through the holes and mate into the guitar itself. The pickup is held in place with the head of the screw on top and a spring that goes around the screw and gets compressed on the bottom. There is also foam under the pickup that can compress. Does that make sense?

The point is that the pickup has slightly wider holes (I believe 1/8", though it could be metric) than what is usual for brands like Gibson and Fender, etc. You could still mount it into a Fender, but you'd need to get some kind of insert for the holes that would allow the standard Fender screw to mate with the pickup. It's probably best to just use it for another surface mount guitar. Suhr, Schecter, Ibanez, many Warmoth, etc, etc...

Reactions: BKS

BKS

Reaction score
The link sadly state sold out.
I am in Europa, never found those here, that is why i asked. I need them for a telecaster build that will have a direct mount neck pickup. Otherwise i will just have to use woodscrews on it. But with those inserts it looks better.

ErictheRed

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Oh I see. Well I think they're technically called helical threaded inserts, and they sell them at any hardware store in the US (Ace, Lowe's, Home Depot, etc). Amazon has them as well.

slug_maine

Reaction score
Oh I see. Well I think they're technically called helical threaded inserts, and they sell them at any hardware store in the US (Ace, Lowe's, Home Depot, etc). Amazon has them as well.
They look similar to a helicoil used a lot in automotive.

1609707127212.png

judson

Reaction score
any chance you know what color bobbins are ?

ErictheRed

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
any chance you know what color bobbins are ?
I've never had the cover off and would rather not try to remove it, so no. Typically BKP lists those different options somewhere though, and since none of the documentation mentions it, I'm about 99% certain they're the same as the screws. There is a serial number and you could possibly email BKP to see if they have a record of that: NB0420.

ErictheRed

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I would trade for a Bare Knuckle Mule or Abraxas bridge pickup or set, but it would need to be 53mm, 4-conductor, and either nickel or raw nickel cover, thanks. I might possibly be interested in the VHII as well (I've been enjoying trying out Bare Knuckles lately).

Last edited:

Latest Threads