Bare Knuckle Humbucker Guidance

Maximus Decimus Meridius

Reaction score
I am looking for a recommendation on Bare Knuckle humbucker pickups. I want to try a Bare Knuckle pickup as an alternative to a Suhr Doug Aldrich humbucker for the bridge position in a SE Santana that has stock pickups in it. I currently have a Suhr Aldrich in a LP and I really like it but what to try a Bare Knuckle. I would like something that is equal to or a notch up to the Suhr Aldrich. I play mostly heavy tones and any suggestions would be appreciated.

lassie

Reaction score
I would say either Rebel Yell or Holy Diver as an Aldrich replacement. If you want something a little bit more open and bigger sounding, try the VHII.

What don’t you like about the Suhr Aldrich?

Maximus Decimus Meridius

Reaction score
I would say either Rebel Yell or Holy Diver as an Aldrich replacement. If you want something a little bit more open and bigger sounding, try the VHII.

What don’t you like about the Suhr Aldrich?
I like it fine for the LP I just wanted a BK for the Santana.

markbastable

Strange kind of blues-coloured moon
Reaction score
As a longtime Bareknuckle customer, I’d also check out The Creamery. Given the starting point of one of their stock offerings, the guy there will wind to your spec. Which does present the interesting problem of having to articulate in an email what the hell it is you want.

Latest Threads