Bare Knuckle Holydiver Neck Pickup

ErictheRed

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Bare Knuckle Holydiver Neck Pickup with raw nickel cover (I love this look)! I purchased this new as part of a set in December, but decided that this is a little more modern and bright than I wanted and went with the Emerald neck to pair with the Holydiver bridge. It's got full leads and is only a few months old.

IMG_20210222_141046.jpg
IMG_20210222_141042.jpg
IMG_20210222_141037.jpg
IMG_20210222_141030.jpg

For those that aren't familiar with Bare Knuckle, the Holydiver is in the contemporary range of pickups, Alnico 5 and 7.9 kOhms, though it still retains some of the more vintage PAF vibe; it's not too hot. It actually reminds me a lot of the Suhr Thornbucker. It's one of the brightest neck humbuckers I've ever used, very clear. I had it in a 24-fret guitar so it sounded too bright for that; I would highly recommend it for a warmer 22-fret guitar, especially one that has always sounded too muddy. This is one of the clearest neck humbuckers I've ever tried.

The guitar that I had it in is direct mount, so these holes have been drilled 1/8" for surface mount guitars. If you want to put it into a Gibson Les Paul, for instance, you will need a trip to the hardware store. Otherwise the pickup is in perfect shape, just starting to show a little aging because of the raw nickel cover.

I'd like to get $100, so let's say $115 PayPal'd and shipped CONUS, thanks!

Last edited:

Latest Threads