Bar gig stories

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
When I very first started playing gigs, I was lost. 100% had no clue what to do or how to get gigs what to charge nothing. You guys basically took me by the hand and lead me through the getting started stuff.

I began posting stories of my gigs and all the great stuff that happened. About being rehired immediately and the pay etc. I assumed wrongly, that the ones who offered help would enjoy reading about it. . I was told that stuff does not happen and even got a PM from one of the mods (I honestly can't remember which one) telling me that the stuff I post does not happen and that I was "shoving it in the faces of guys who have been trying for years"

so I started posting about the BS ridiculous stuff that happens. The bar owner pissing himself, the woman on the dance floor pissing herself, and again I was told in so many words that I was lying. A couple of the mods went so far (once again without coming right out and saying it) to poke fun at me over the thread about my son dying.

Nothing I have ever posted here..NOTHING ...is untrue. Every gig story went down exactly the way it was posted. I have lost my temper a couple of times at gigs and was chided on here for doing so(rightfully so, I was 100% wrong for the way I handled it). But when I tell someone I think they behaved wrongly once again I am the bad guy.

I will probably get banned again for this next part but it is 100% true. I have never been on a board where the mods instigate conflict or pile on then use the threat of a ban to keep anyone from responding. I have never been on a board where the mods will make a derogatory post about someone and then lock the thread so there can be no response.

Oh BTW, I have explained this in a PM to others. Saying "that guy would bury someone for me" is not a literal thing. It is a way of saying that the guy would do anything to help you and you can count on him any time. If some of you had not have been so hell bent on nit picking everything I say you may have realized that.

So if this doesn't get me a ban, I will refrain from gig stories good or bad.

cybermgk

“Happiness is the most insidious prison of all"
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
If you can't see, that YOU are instigating conflict, on this thread, with the MODs, than you have blinders on, as far as your own culpability..

Thundermtn

Reaction score
“When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home.” – Chief Aupumut in 1725, Mohican.

HRC

Reaction score
giphy.gif

:io:

Last edited:

NotScott

Reaction score
I have probably had more gigs than most of the posters here and although I haven't read all of the OP's posts, I have never found any of his posts I have read to be utter BS. However, he does often come off as gruff and crusty in his writing style and seems to accentuate the bad more than the good, which can understandably annoy some people.

Compared to other boards I have participated on, I think the mods here do a great job of making everyone feel at home without the threat of the ban hammer hanging over everyone's heads. It's not easy keeping everyone in a large family happy, particularly a family made up of artists whose life is to express themselves publicly.

My bottom line is, we are all guests here. Respect your hosts and their rules and everyone will enjoy the party. If you don't like your hosts and/or their rules, there are many other places to go.

mdubya

Reaction score
I like your posts when I am in the mood.

I am not always in the mood, so I have learned to stay away (I hope) at those times.

What I have seen is many posts asking for advice and feedback and then seen you resoundingly rejecting the well meaning advice and feedback you receive.

It is all in good fun as long as you realize you are often asking for a pile on and a good laugh at your own expense.

I think we all know this thread is an, in progress, trainwreck. You know it, too.

LtDave32

I'm walkin' on sunshine
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
A couple of the mods went so far (once again without coming right out and saying it) to poke fun at me over the thread about my son dying.

That never happened. More lies and twisted stories.

You had a thread about your son dying that ran for three years. Bears repeating: Three years.

It had devolved and traveled off-track to the point where you were discussing children fondling each other's private parts on school busses.

That's enough. It had more than run its course. By a good two and a half years. At that point I closed the thread.

This isn't a facebook blog here. You don't get to do that. Three years of having your own personal blog-spot is quite more than enough.

And there you were today, "tisk-tisking" somebody , waving your finger of morality at someone who flipped someone else off, when we have endured scores of "story" threads of yours where you went on and on about kicking some drunk's ass, or one the band guys having to hold you back by the belt, etc etc, all that 20 year-old bravado shit that most of us have grown out of by age 30.

Over what? Words said? Words? Did someone actually strike you where you had for the purposes of physical self-defense up and try and kick their asses?

Don't even begin about someone else's maturity or morality when you've got that shit written all over this forum.

delawaregold

_______Artie_______
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
OHIOSTEVE, I don't know you, or have I interacted with you, but I have had my attention
drawn to your threads many times. This is a guitar forum. The largest guitar forum dedicated
to the Gibson Les Paul. I say that because you treat this forum like a Reddit chat room.
You don't add any useful information regarding the Gibson Les Paul.
You derail your own threads.
When a Moderator tries to get the tread back on track, you disregard their advice.
You openly, and often disrespect the Moderators of the MLP Forum, and to do that
without consequences, will turn MLP into a wild west show. It can not (will not) be

tolerated.
Any consequences that occur, you have brought them upon yourself.

Duane_the_tub

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I sat in for three songs with my guitars tech's band last night at a local bar. I have this little bolero piece that I've been working up, started as helping my son with an exercise from his drum teacher and has evolved into a pretty cool extended solo/interlude thing.

Last night we decided pretty spontaneously to take it into White Rabbit, and the initial reaction was great. Then out of nowhere, this visibly drunk dude down front stood up and started doing the Nazi Sig Heil salute at us, over and over. He was with his wife, who was mortified and tried for a few very uncomfortable minutes to get him to stop.

She came up to afterward to apologize, saying he drank too much because he was "upset about what happened in the basketball game."

I didn't fight anyone and wasn't wearing a belt. I think the mods are ok.

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I read the thread title and thought I'd post gig story. I didn't realize what the thread was actually about but maybe I can take the heat off ohiosteve a bit and lighten up the mood by placing this ridonckulous image in your mind's eye!

My drummer stepped off the stage onto a cajon that a previous band left there. His foot went right through the top.....jagged splinters of wood just lacerated his foot. Bleeding like a stuck pig. This happened right at soundcheck. Wrapped up his foot (right foot, his kick drum foot) and he played the whole night. What a trooper.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Jeebers,I love getting abused by MLP,the more the merrier,I miss " fighting" with mods. Why cry about responses? I've been tarred and feathered often,I like it,good clean fun.

Latest Threads