Banning the forum

Hack

Reaction score
Furry+Fish+07.jpg

SGMM

Reaction score
And lest anyone misunderstand, I didn't say goodbye - rather - I've banned the forum for a month for being less than interesting.

Suck it up and be better, and I might come back and try to entertain you.

And if that hurts your feelings, go suck an egg, or something.

So post something of value & start an interesting discussion....otherwise good riddance!!

Hack

Reaction score
Anyone else notice his little indicator light
user_online.gif
has been lit all this time?

LongBeach

Reaction score
I'm sure he's eating popcorn and laughing his ass off :thumb:

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Perhaps this is what he's seeking:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvNUW-CJXJY]BABY COME BACK, P l a y e r - YouTube[/ame]

--R :laugh2:

Publius pro tem

Reaction score
Anyone else notice his little indicator light
user_online.gif
has been lit all this time?
Is THAT what that is? :laugh2:

I guess I oughta pay more attention to the subtle details of the forum, eh?

Nah... fxck that. :rolleyes:

I pay attention to what I want to and ignore the living sh!t outta everything else.
Here on the forum, in the real world - same deal.

Publius pro tem

Reaction score
Ya think? :hmm:

Well, let me see what I can do... :cool:

Well, Riverside - I feel for ya, but I can't... quite... reach... you......

reaching%20hands.jpg

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Ya think?

Well... could be... :laugh2:

Of course, the whole thing could be just some weird and elaborate joke-- though in the past I have noticed that the rhino's sense of humor tends to be dry enough that if this thing is a joke, it's a real departure from his more usual straighforwardly snarkastic stuff... for him it would be a comic masterpiece of sorts, and one with some really freaky top spin to it. But again: that ain't his usual style.

I found it mildly amusing that after he began by complaining that he hasn't been pleased with the content found on the boards-- which has been kind of blasé of late, as is the wont of the ebb and flow of MLP-- he then went on to advise us that he thinks of this apparent boycotting of the site as a "ban" when in fact it's more of a self-exile.

I read on with fascination as he spoke of the Power of the Mods, and then told us that his doughty boycott of the site was quite as telling in terms of effect. Had I been taking any of it seriously, I might have guessed that he expected a raft of similar defections to follow, as we all joined in a show of solidarity against those brutal tyrants: the heavy-handed, ban-thirsty, wicked-hearted mods of MLP...

I was also puzzled as he told us he'd be back in thirty days-- to "entertain" us, as I saw him put it-- but then also stated that he'd be lurking. Taken together, it was almost as if he was telling us that we had thirty days to come into compliance of some sort and meet his undefined standards, or he'd be too butt hurt to entertain us any more.

This comment was especially mystifying as I really dug deep trying to think of an instance where he really "entertained" me so much that I would truly fear his departure... and came up empty-handed. I've found some of his comments to be interesting, and have found many things he said to be agreeable enough to like. But if you want the truth: this thread is really the only time I've been uncommonly entertained by anything he's done, and I'm not at all sure whether or not the effect was deliberate. :laugh2:

Ah well.. Rhino, if you are reading this: about the only person I can think of who is truly indispensable to this site would be the owner/operator, and he could always sell it to somebody else. I've seen that mods have come and gone along with various members, and that only one of them even merited an avatar to commemorate his permaban. For some reason, I get the impression that none of us are all that damned important, and have seen that even VIP's get banned from time to time. But so what?

Therefore, the rest of us are merely the flotsam and jetsam of a moment in time, and any one of us could stop posting without it causing some telling effect to the greater group. I get sick of some of the stupid threads myself, but am currently exercising my enormous veto power by simply not reading stuff that is either too stupid or boring to deal with, or which simply does not interest me. I didn't have to post a thread or ban anything at all in order to have such major impact on MLP.

I would also say that the negative connotations you left us with in your OP were unnecessary, but not entirely surprising. It's not as if any of us would have to suck up much of anything, if you were serious as you wrote that. Frankly, you sounded as if you may have been drunk, and were perhaps feeling sad about something. If so: no big deal, I've done that myself.

Whatever. :dunno:

--R

Latest Threads