Banning the forum

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
I don't understand why some people feel the need to have these "goodby MLP sucks" threads. It just seems passive aggressive to me... If someone doesn't like it here, either just quietly leave... I've done that on several forums I didn't dig in the past, or try to post stuff that makes the forum better.

I'm in the middle of telling the freethought forum that I'm gone. I'm doing it behind closed doors: tell the Admin to demod me. The only reason I'm piping up at all is because I was a moderator there.

There's another forum I post at sometimes, where I'm a regular member. I like a couple of people there, but most of the others, while smart, are annoying fvcks. I go there, enjoy the people I do like, and when the people I don't like get on my goddamned nerves, I stay away. No hellos or goodbyes or any of that shit. And if I decide to stop posting here it'll be the same way.

Howard2k

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing that! I've been looking for a new hero since we lost Michael Jackson. Chubby Oriental disco boy, I like it! Lots of good lookin' honeys out in the audience, very sweet!

**** guitar, I want to be a Korean rap star!

Alligatorbling

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
images

GuitarToneFreak

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing that! I've been looking for a new hero since we lost Michael Jackson. Chubby Oriental disco boy, I like it! Lots of good lookin' honeys out in the audience, very sweet!

"Lots"? Damn, man - the entire population of South Korea was there! :D

Seriously, that crowd is ridiculously huge - and loud. One can only dream of playing to a crowd that big - Psy probably felt like a God. :laugh2:

BillB1960

Reaction score
I don't understand why some people feel the need to have these "goodby MLP sucks" threads. It just seems passive aggressive to me... If someone doesn't like it here, either just quietly leave... I've done that on several forums I didn't dig in the past, or try to post stuff that makes the ovum better.

It's kinda like football. Used to that when you made a good play you went back to the huddle or sideline or whatever. Then they started spiking the ball on touchdowns. Then we had little dances on touchdowns so they had to make a rule about "excessive celebration". Now they make a sack gotta dance, make stop on a kick return gotta dance, bat a pass down gotta dance. Shit, they're so busy dancing they forget to play the game. Have some class, act like you've been there before!

Don't want to be here? Shut up and walk away.

Gin&Pentatonic

Reaction score
I don't understand why some people feel the need to have these "goodby MLP sucks" threads. It just seems passive aggressive to me... If someone doesn't like it here, either just quietly leave... I've done that on several forums I didn't dig in the past, or try to post stuff that makes the ovum better.

On a forum I used to frequent years ago, making a goodbye thread got you an automatic perma-ban. Wish that was the case here.

Alligatorbling

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

i dont know this, but im thinking a lot of times it could be a control issue.

they want things to be the way they think it should be, and when its not they get upset.

when folks fire back at them it makes them even more angry over the fact that things are not they way "they should be"

Luckynumber3

Reaction score
:laugh2:
Same. My posting here has really dropped off in the past few months, and I have been rarely logging in. I found that I didn't log in for a few days and came back and wow, things were pretty much exactly the same as before I left! (except I see that Jim got banned after coming back! :lol:)

Everybody needs a break sometimes. As of a few days ago, I have been on mlp for over a year and have enjoyed my time and learned alot. Sometimes you just have to take a break and walk away, especially when you are busy all day (hey that rhymes!) I used to tune in regularly to hunt for the latest meltdown or troll thread, but now, I have seen enough to last awhile.:shock::lol:

As for all the talks of walking away from forums, there was one that I posted on for a year or two, but things were really slow and my interests changed, and after a few interesting people left, I left for good and it took me at least 3-4 years to even type in the URL to see what was up. Another site I always posted on but started to get virus problems, so I walked away for good, and even though they straightened things out, I had no interest on viewing the site anymore.

Heck, I used to follow every PGS or Fretted Americana vid, but after PGS started changing up people and I realised that Andy showed that the same player could make everything sound the same anyways, I stopped payng attention to their vids. Fretted Americana was really cool too, but Philx rarely does videos for them anymore (and most are trying to sell some amp or product that isn't as good as the original).

slapshot

Reaction score
Suck it up and be better, and I might come back and try to entertain you.

And if that hurts your feelings, go suck an egg, or something.

sorry coach we'll post better next season and win the pennant :laugh2:
it'd hurt our feelings if anyone cared

Sometimes you just have to take a break and walk away,

nothing wrong with the break
Making a big deal out of it with some announcement then hoisting it up a flagpole for all to see those is just ****ing stupid & a dummyspit for attention.

ptate

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Personally, I use this forum as a piece of knotted rope that I beat over my back at times when I feel that I have enjoyed something too much....

The flagellation welts remind me that I am on communicating to save humanity and not here for any fulfilment.....

It feels like this at times........

snakebite+thebeautybrains.com

TeaForTwo

The Guitar Whisperer
Reaction score
He has the choice to ban the forum...

I think the mods and members are way too cool for me to even contimplate such a move...

Latest Threads