Band Drama

Nard

Reaction score
I knew a band who got so fed up with drummers they decided to use a drum machine. It worked for them.

splatter

Reaction score
Yea I know this is the norm . Gigged for 18 years and the drummers were always the problem . Was hoping now that I'm old things would be different . .... oh well

Donal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
We went through a lot last year to get a good band together ... The main critria we used was "does the person fit in" and secondly then his playing.

Now we have a great group of friends who enjoy playing music together. We are maybe slightly slower in getting new songs practiced, but playing together is great, it groves and is fun for all.

meatball

Reaction score
Man we got a great drummer , one of the most funniest and spot on drummers I have ever had the pleaseure of playing with ... Dependable ,trustworthy , great internal clock , loves music , fgreat singer and harmonizer ,,,

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score
seriously singers already have LSD

add female on top of that?

add hot female on top of that?

good lord.

View attachment 265166

Steps of adding a female lead singer.

{your band name here} group band photo FLS next to band leader.

{your band name here} featuring {female lead singer name here} group photo with fls in front.

{female lead singer name here} with {your band name here} large FLS photo with small band photo in lower corner.

{female lead singer name here} with large photo of FLS.

{your band name here} group photo minus FLS as she's now singing back up for a big name star while being groomed to be a solo act.

And that was without the drama and happened faster than I thought possible.

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
@MikeyTheTurnip

5O43CWu.gif

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
With few exceptions LOCALLY the female band members have usually been a wife or girlfriend that had to be in the band or hubby /boyfriend couldn't be in it. A couple of notable exceptions I saw a band recently ( can't recall the name) it was her name.. then the band.. anyway they had technical issues and the crowd was getting impatient. I was setting next to her dad and even he was telling me how unprofessional it was. She musta got fed up , grabbed an acoustic and walked out on stage and stood there and sang just the guitar and her. she was FANTASTIC. The issues were soon fixed and the full band was actually a let down after hearing her solo........ Another is some friends of mine. HIGGINS MADEWELL . a guy girl duo and she can flat assed sing. He is fantastic on the guitar and they just play acoustics. he uses a looper and builds tracks right on stage.. it is awesome.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Damn, talk about problems! HOT singer and a head-case drummer? Boil it down, do like I did, "recruit" two men/boys< No gals, they ruin a band> catch them when they are "almost" ruined. Raise them up-give them their pride back. Create a POWER-TRIO. Let them play whatever they "feel." Sit back and enjoy.

edro

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Consider it you will...

A band is the sum of all the parts. No player has to be a virtuoso. Each player does, however, have to contribute.

Some [cough] could say there wasn't a real lead guitarist within ten miles of the Beatles, Who, or Stones... A drummer in one or two is still questionable to this day...

:cool2:

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score
Consider it you will...

A band is the sum of all the parts. No player has to be a virtuoso. Each player does, however, have to contribute.

Some [cough] could say there wasn't a real lead guitarist within ten miles of the Beatles, Who, or Stones... A drummer in one or two is still questionable to this day...

:cool2:
But you look back and Charlie, Keith and Ringo each had a unique sound and approach. I think all three of those bands had drummers who were more than adequate and who all gave those bands their sounds.

Latest Threads