Ban Guns, but Legalize Marijuana...WTF?

So What

Reaction score
There is a thread going that is "Alcohol vs Marijuana".

Most people are advocating the legalization of MJ under the argument that it is no different than Alcohol.

Bullshit! But that is another argument.

The other most popular arguments are: if it were legal, the government could regulate it, people are using it anyway, and crime would go down.

Like we need more Gov't Regulation, ALL people don't use it (some of us are smarter than that), and bullshit on reduced crime.

Why is it that typically, those same people are the ones who want to ban firearms?

They argue that they are the root of all evil, and should be removed from a civilized society. Nevermind that the mere existence of guns is why we have a civilized society.

Using their own arguments for marijuana legalization, apply that to firearms.

1. There are already gun control laws in place, so regulation exists.
2. People already use them, so good luck enforcing more control. May as well legalize it.
3. Crime would in fact go up if guns were illegal. Therefore, crime is reduced by legalizing firearms. It would be much easier to work up the nerve to rob a liquor store if you knew the owner did not have a gun behind the counter.

If you outlaw guns, the only ones who would be effected would be the law abiding citizens. Do they really believe that a person who is going to kill someone with a gun, would reconsider if guns were illegal? Wouldn't use a knife, etc.?

If you dish it out, you gotta be able to take it!

I bet this will get people talking...:hmm:

Skintaster

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I don't see a whole lot of people advocating the legalization of marijuana AND banning guns. They're two completely different topics.

For the record, I'm a supporter of gun rights in America, and own guns. I ALSO think that America's drug laws in regards to weed are stupid... Even though I hate the affects of the stuff myself, and don't smoke it.

I just tend to favor laws and regulations that allow adults to make their own choices until they prove that they don't have the ability to make responsible ones.

bertzie

Reaction score
If you make something that is currently illegal, legal, than those that would be arrested are no longer being arrested. Ifso facto lower crime.

G Man

Reaction score
Makes perfect sense to me, if we legalize the weed, then everyone will be stoned all the time, and therefore should not be using guns. What's so hard to understand about that?

lucidspoon

Reaction score
If you legalized pot after banning guns, at least the people upset about the gun ban would have something to do to relax and forget about it? :laugh2:

Ifso facto lower crime.
That is an interesting word invention. Sure you didn't mean "ipso facto"?

bertzie

Reaction score
If you legalized pot after banning guns, at least the people upset about the gun ban would have something to do to relax and forget about it? :laugh2:

That is an interesting word invention. Sure you didn't mean "ipso facto"?

Is that what it is? I've never actually seen it written before.

Howard2k

Reaction score
There is a thread going that is "Alcohol vs Marijuana".

Most people are advocating the legalization of MJ under the argument that it is no different than Alcohol.

Bullshit! But that is another argument.

The other most popular arguments are: if it were legal, the government could regulate it, people are using it anyway, and crime would go down.

Like we need more Gov't Regulation, ALL people don't use it (some of us are smarter than that), and bullshit on reduced crime.

Why is it that typically, those same people are the ones who want to ban firearms?

They argue that they are the root of all evil, and should be removed from a civilized society. Nevermind that the mere existence of guns is why we have a civilized society.

Using their own arguments for marijuana legalization, apply that to firearms.

1. There are already gun control laws in place, so regulation exists.
2. People already use them, so good luck enforcing more control. May as well legalize it.
3. Crime would in fact go up if guns were illegal. Therefore, crime is reduced by legalizing firearms. It would be much easier to work up the nerve to rob a liquor store if you knew the owner did not have a gun behind the counter.

If you outlaw guns, the only ones who would be effected would be the law abiding citizens. Do they really believe that a person who is going to kill someone with a gun, would reconsider if guns were illegal? Wouldn't use a knife, etc.?

If you dish it out, you gotta be able to take it!

I bet this will get people talking...:hmm:

Wow. What a load of shit. Really.

If you want to have a discussion on gun legalization (or criminalization) then go nuts, but why start from such a silly position? MJ legalization advocates want to ban guns. Can you come up with ANYTHING to support your generalization at all?

And no, the argument is not that MJ is no different than Alcohol, I believe the argument is that Alcohol is actually worse than MJ.

Why use such a ridiculous position as your starting point? It makes no sense.

JCM900MkIII

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECgDxqNLeck]Platoon shot - YouTube[/ame]

So What

Reaction score
If you make something that is currently illegal, legal, than those that would be arrested are no longer being arrested. Ifso facto lower crime.

I agree, that particular statistic would hold true.

But, that is not the 'Crime" proponents of Legalization of MJ are referring to. They are referring to gang/drug related violence.

JCM900MkIII

Reaction score
I agree, that particular statistic would hold true.

But, that is not the 'Crime" proponents of Legalization of MJ are referring to. They are referring to gang/drug related violence.

If it was legal, and you could buy it in let's say any liquorstore, I wouldn't have to buy it from some gangster? No rip-offs, no violence???

Most important reason why we have coffeeshops in Holland...

Deus Vult

Banned
Reaction score
I love me some 2A action.
PhoenixRising111.jpg

motivator2de4acb2a5d75bbc0f0f49e51c7bbb451ed8fb9d.jpg

So What

Reaction score
Wow. What a load of shit. Really.

If you want to have a discussion on gun legalization (or criminalization) then go nuts, but why start from such a silly position? MJ legalization advocates want to ban guns. Can you come up with ANYTHING to support your generalization at all?

And no, the argument is not that MJ is no different than Alcohol, I believe the argument is that Alcohol is actually worse than MJ.

Why use such a ridiculous position as your starting point? It makes no sense.

I didn't see any statistical info over on the Alcohol vs Mj discussion. Just many, many opinions.

Why start asking for them now?

Do you have any showing that one is infact better or worse for you or society than the other?

If so, post it.

Latest Threads