BadMojo Makeovers no contact

zigabric

Reaction score
I have sent the June 1st notification to Andy now too. I hope he responds.

I agree with RAG7890s suggestions. Let's try to do it together as a group if nothing changes till June 1. It would be very helpful for me and anyone else from overseas also.

I can create a private discussion and create a Google Drive folder dedicated to this issue. There we can post said documents that can be used for the local PD.

Would you agree to do it as a group?

Last edited:

steveouimette

Reaction score
Anyone who still has their guitar with Bad Mojo and isn't getting a reply you are free to PM me so we can figure out next steps. I haven't heard anything so I'll be going to the police on Monday. We need to stick together on this and get our instruments back!

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hate to see this happening in the small-guy music industry, again. It's been a long time, as far as I know.

Sure, times are tough for all of us in the industry but there are honorable ways to go under without hurting others who supported you.

I'm from MD with tons of music industry friends there but I have no idea who this dude is. I've only ever heard of the company once or twice from customers, one of whom has already spoken up in this thread.

Good luck, fellas.

moreles

Reaction score
Just go to the police, now. How many failures to respond do you need? One more? It always makes these situations worse for everyone to let them drag on. That helps nobody. If you want to donate your guitar to Bad Mojo, then keep diddling away.... If this guy was a good craftsman and a nice guy, then my guess is that we is suffering from financial disaster or something else, big, that changed his life. Empathy and kindness are always important. You can always not press charges if police contact gets your guitar back. If I were out of cash, boxing and shipping a bunch of guitars would be an awful burden. But you can't just keep people's instruments.

mdubya

Reaction score
I hesitate to get involved, but if there is any way I can help facilitate the retrieval and return of the guitars, I am open to helping.

It would not be a hardship for me to go to Elkton or to arrange for return shipment if it meant a good ending for everyone.

Just putting that out there.

steveouimette

Reaction score
Just go to the police, now. How many failures to respond do you need? One more? It always makes these situations worse for everyone to let them drag on. That helps nobody. If you want to donate your guitar to Bad Mojo, then keep diddling away.... If this guy was a good craftsman and a nice guy, then my guess is that we is suffering from financial disaster or something else, big, that changed his life. Empathy and kindness are always important. You can always not press charges if police contact gets your guitar back. If I were out of cash, boxing and shipping a bunch of guitars would be an awful burden. But you can't just keep people's instruments.
I went to the Elkton, MD police today and they said that because we had a pseudo contract with Bad Mojo (an agreement) that it becomes a civil court matter.
If anyone has any information as to where he is now I can get the ball rolling. This is ridiculous.

Mike I

Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe his mail is getting forwarded still to his new address, if he has one.

This sucks!

strayedstrater

Reaction score
Elkton is in Cecil County. Try the Cecil County Sheriff's Dep't (410-996-5500) 107 Chesapeake Blvd suite 112 Elkton

Sheriffs often assist in civil cases.

One of you may have to file a suit in small claims court (no lawyer needed) to get a judgement before the Sheriff can act. But it's possible they might be willing to find him for you without a judgement.

It wouldn't hurt to contact the local BBB (Better Business Bureau). They may have other complaints on file that might possibly point to his new address or current contact info.

steveouimette

Reaction score
Elkton is in Cecil County. Try the Cecil County Sheriff's Dep't (410-996-5500) 107 Chesapeake Blvd suite 112 Elkton

Sheriffs often assist in civil cases.

One of you may have to file a suit in small claims court (no lawyer needed) to get a judgement before the Sheriff can act. But it's possible they might be willing to find him for you without a judgement.

It wouldn't hurt to contact the local BBB (Better Business Bureau). They may have other complaints on file that might possibly point to his new address or current contact info.
Excellent advice, thank you very much. I'll also look into the BBB.

Danelectro

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Yikes! This doesn’t sound good at all. I did a little browsing and found this message at the Better Business Bureau from back in March.

CURRENT ALERTS FOR THIS BUSINESS
Out of Business:
According to information in BBB files, this company is no longer in business. If you have an unresolved dispute with this company you may wish to seek legal advice.

A Zillow search indicates that his property was sold on March 20, 2020

Below is a link to a complaint that was filed with the BBB in March from a customer who has not received his Elite Strat back. Andy replies that the guitar is in pieces and that he is unable to put it back together because he no longer has a shop. He also states that the customer must make payment in full or else the guitar will not be returned. He threatens to sell it to recoup his losses if payment isn’t received within 60 days “per policy”. My guess is that sending money would only result in a greater loss than what has already been incurred.

I feel bad for all who have their guitars in his possession right now. The outcome doesn’t look promising.

Last edited:

BDW60

Reaction score
This stuff is just pathetic. Keeps happening, too. I was seriously thinking about sending this guy my USA Special for a refinish. It’s hard to trust people these days.

ESchmidt

Reaction score
What a mess, lesson learned. I won’t ever send out a guitar again.

Reactions: Who

judson

Reaction score
its tough to hide these days with the internet

start combing the web and see what you find

law officials wont do anything uness you can confirm where he is located

add up the value of the guitars and i am guessing its a substancial amount?

just a thought...punch your name in any search and you might be surprised what you will find

Thundermtn

Reaction score
Do a search of the county GIS there and see what other properties he has, last name search should display all Stidom properties. Also look for Jesse E. (departed) , possibly his father from Oxford, there's a chance he has that home now.

There's enough of you to hire a private detective and have him make good.

Side Burns

Reaction score
And search the web for your Gibson serial number

Reactions: Who

Latest Threads