Bad Day at the shop?

bp-plickner

Reaction score
I picked up this 2006 Lefty R9 today with the COA and original paperwork and strap. I took off the back control plate and this is what it looks like.
206R9ControlCavity1a.jpg

Tough Day at work for some body?

One of the folks at the Gibson 1959 Les Paul Reissue Forum suggested that it my be an owner goof.
I responded that the line of red dye around the top is pretty consistent indicating a factory goof?
Any way it feels pretty nice and the pickups sound great.

Couple of pics
2006R8PlainView.jpg

2006R9-Top2a.jpg

2006R9Back1.jpg

:beer: Guinness is Good

peace

CL-10

Reaction score
No way an owner goof- the whole recess for the back plate is off-center. Look how much excessive room there is for the lower screw and the front screw . The whole route is off.

bp-plickner

Reaction score
No way an owner goof- the whole recess for the back plate is off-center. Look how much excessive room there is for the lower screw and the front screw . The whole route is off.

Those Lefty bodies must be tough to get right on a Monday morning.

It seems to play OK. The real test will be after I put a right handed nut on it and really play it.

Gibsonclassic2001

Reaction score
If you look at the cavity in the corners and around the dent and then compare normal VOS cavity machining you can see that they have re-cut and adjusted it on more then on point.

Propably not a problem.
I bet its a bit of dislocation of the core vs the fixture jig.

Barber

Reaction score
It seems to play OK. The real test will be after I put a right handed nut on it and really play it.

what does this mean? You are going to play a lefty right-handedly, or play a lefty set up with the strings in reverse, albert king and otis rush styles? :wow:

bp-plickner

Reaction score
what does this mean? You are going to play a lefty right-handedly, or play a lefty set up with the strings in reverse, albert king and otis rush styles? :wow:

Albert King/ Otis Rush like. Maybe if I work hard I can approach their great tone
and style.

It's sdrawkcab.
Say a what cab?

It's an accident of birth made me this way

Barker

Reaction score
Nice lefty... I like me a fine lefty... :naughty:.

Latest Threads