Back to Basics?? Sprint Run???

Paul46

Reaction score
Has anyone got the skinny on these?

Guitar Village UK | Guitar Shop

Has Henry suddenly woken up and realised his dream for 2015 was in fact a nightmare? Is it a result of dealer pressure? What gives?

jbash

Reaction score
Pic shows the brass nut....maybe thats going to be a standard feature from now on, regardless.

Juan Wayne

Reaction score
Pic shows the brass nut....maybe thats going to be a standard feature from now on, regardless.
Well, at least there's the answer to one thing. The nut wasn't the reason for the wider neck, it was just another stoopid decision in the combo.

I'm glad to see they're somewhat re-thinking the whole thing. I have my issues with Henry just like the next guy, but maybe there's some smart left in that jackass.

RT60

Reaction score
As I understand it - these were apparently originally solely for the Japanese market. UK dealers have stocking commitments they made at the beginning of the year but they sure as hell don't want any more of the regular 2015 models as they still have most of them left in stock (now at blowout prices) - Gibson agreed to make more of these to bridge the inventory contract but not overload them with the same junk they can't already sell.

Reaction score
As soon as I see that horrible deathbed signature on the headstock I can't see anything else. It's a blight on an otherwise beautiful instrument.

jbash

Reaction score
Well, at least there's the answer to one thing. The nut wasn't the reason for the wider neck, it was just another stoopid decision in the combo..

Assuming the pic is correct. I'd probably wait until pics of the actual guitars for sale are put up. :fingersx:

WholeLottaIzzy

Reaction score
Enhanced carved top is interesting. I hope that's a feature for next year. Even if it's not traditionally accurate, I love an exaggerated carve. That will be a good feature to have, I think. After all, a Les Paul is all about the curves. Interesting to see the G Force is gone. That's something they've been pushing pretty hard so it's surprising it hasn't been included.

Donal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting to see the G Force is gone. That's something they've been pushing pretty hard so it's surprising it hasn't been included.
Definatly, Also quite contrary to what Henry has been very dominantly been preaching :hmm:

rjshare

Reaction score
And yet the CM model has the gforce tuner and a tektoid nut!

519tbarr

Reaction score
Interesting!

My question is what type of neck does the Traditional have? a 50's or 60's original spec style neck?

Minus the headstock logo that's closer to being an acceptable traditional.

Has anyone noticed those Limited Edition Traditionals (Heritage Cherry) on AMS have dropped to $2599 USD from $2999.

2016 is shaping up to provide interest and intrigue.

WholeLottaIzzy

Reaction score
I think 2016 will be a normal Les Paul. Or close to. They will use this year's disaster to make a normal traditional style Les Paul look like something new. And people will eat it up.

Juan Wayne

Reaction score
Why do they even mention V's and Firebirds? Those weren't raped with no gimmicks, were they?

Still, 519tbarr and WholeLottaIzzy make good points. 2016 looks at least very interesting (well, so did 2015 and look at that cluster****), considering they may at least go halfway back to pre-2015. I'm not even in the market, but I'd love to see that happen.

Donal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Member
Reaction score
Advertisment coppied just incase it diaspears :naughty:

Also what wonders me slightly is why did they leave the brass nut on it if they have reverted the neck width back. It would have been cheaper and easier to have used the tektoid nut as I am sure they have plenty of them around :hmm:

And do they need the wider neck for some technical reason with the G-Force that they are not telling us about.

So basically if they revert the neck size, they have to remove the G-Force?

May sound wierd but it seems strange that all of a sudden the G-Force is not being pushed.

Paul46

Reaction score
Thanks for that Donal.

I reckon they were looking at a warehouse full of unsellable 2015's and decided to rework them to look like 'normal' LP's. Nut slot and scribble logo were probably already done, but at least they could narrow the necks down and ditch the G-Force. Give it 4 knobs and you have something that people might actually buy.

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Super Mod
Reaction score
[merged]

"Gibson USA was recently inspired by an unanticipated production opportunity in the Nashville factory that led to the introduction of a small batch "Sprint Run" series for 2015 on the Les Paul Studio, Classic, Traditional, Standard and Standard Premium."
:lol::lol::lol:

available in the UK for ridiculous lows prices.....:naughty:

Gibson Les Paul Standard Premium Quilt £2.649
Gibson Les Paul Standard £2.099
Gibson Les Paul Traditional £1.599
Gibson Les Paul Studio £749

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Super Mod
Reaction score
Specs for the Traditional

Original Gibson neck width
Traditional set of machine heads and tuners
No weight relief
Zero-Fret Adjustable Nut
Thicker, sanded, buffed and oiled Rosewood fingerboard
Pearl Inlays
Removable Pickguard
Everything else - 2015 Les Paul Traditional specs

fugazi20

Reaction score
Nice. They go back to giving pretty much everybody _almost_ all that they wanted in typical Gibsons and then call it a limited run and an opportunity to charge a premium. Marvelous. :laugh2: