BaCH

Studio06

Reaction score
That is a nice looking guitar! How does it play?

Funkwire

Reaction score
Never heard of that brand...looks nice, quite a pronounced top carve!

melt

Reaction score
That is a nice looking guitar! How does it play?
It's a good value-for-the-money guitar. Feels good, solid build and has decent pickups.
It is made in Czech Republic, some think it might be the same people that made the Epiphone Heritage LP's.

Vernet

Reaction score
Niiiiiice. I was looking at their website yesterday and was tempted to order something :laugh2:

What's the gold look like in reality? Much like the original?

Congrats!

melt

Reaction score
Niiiiiice. I was looking at their website yesterday and was tempted to order something :laugh2:

What's the gold look like in reality? Much like the original?

Congrats!
To be honest I have never seen a Gibson Goldtop IRL but I think this one looks great. Flawless finish and binding, nice looking wood on the back. Pics can never do a guitar justice :naughty:

Vernet

Reaction score
Cool. Darkback?

I am in the market for an SG and I notices they have quite a lot different SG-models so they might be a good candidate :)

Can't beat the price too! About 250 euro? :shock:
Did you have to pay a lot for shipping?

melt

Reaction score
Cool. Darkback?

I am in the market for an SG and I notices they have quite a lot different SG-models so they might be a good candidate :)

Can't beat the price too! About 250 euro? :shock:
Did you have to pay a lot for shipping?
Yes, it's a darkback.
I ordered it from a store in Sweden, shipping only 15.95.

Vernet

Reaction score
You should get yourself a BaCH endorsement :laugh2:

What's the headstock like, by the way? It looks somewhat like the Gibson shape, but bigger?

melt

Reaction score
You should get yourself a BaCH endorsement :laugh2:

What's the headstock like, by the way? It looks somewhat like the Gibson shape, but bigger?
I guess you're right:)
You can see how they borrowed the flag inlays from ESP.
Yes, it's a pretty big head.

ArKay

Reaction score
My experiences with Bach guitars aren't the best. I had two of their Red Special copies and both had serious cosmetic (switches were installed crookedly) and intonation issues.

First one they sent me...

The replacement:

Then I bought one of their teles last year and it had the worst bookmatching job I've ever seen on a guitar. I was so pissed that I returned it without even taking pics.

I think that they do pretty sloppy work, I somehow doubt that they are made by Bohêmia Musico-Delicia. Maybe I was just unlucky though. :hmm:

melt

Reaction score
There have been a couple of bad reviews on Swedish forums about BaCH guitars. Small flaws in finish etc.
But most people seem to be happy with their buys. The LP's are popular, and some have bought Tele's that are supposed to be great.
I have tried two Bach LP's, standard and custom. Both felt nice to play and there were no flaws in the finish. They don't feel cheap.
For the money it's probably one of the best buys at the moment.

ArKay

Reaction score
Those flaws were not small at all, see the switch locations on the 2 different guitars I posted. No. 2 was a replacement they sent me for no. 1 :p Both sucked and the 2nd didn't even intonate because the bridge wasn't installed at the proper location.

And the tele body looked like it was made from 2 totally different species of wood. The German seller on eBay is also a pain in the ass, takes ages to get a response and your money back from her. Your mileage may differ, but Bach is a brand I will definitely not try again.

melt

Reaction score
I fully understand why you don't like BaCH, if my guitars had been that bad I also would have stayed as far away as possible :)
You had bad luck.

frankpaush

Reaction score
I recently bought a BaCH Flat (Les Paul Special doublecutaway copy custom model with one piece bridge) and can't find anything to critisize on it. A real nice instrument, light weight mahogany, simple but comfortable player.

Attachments

Flip.

Reaction score
Nice guitars :D I've been thinking of getting a BaCH myself but i decided to get a greco or burny instead... Still looking though. melt if you're still around, mind telling me where you bought yours? edgar audio?

Woopa

Reaction score
Here's my BaCH. I loved it original but i recently changed the pickups to Tonerider Vintage 90. Those are GREAT! The Bigsby and tuners are new to.

If you want more pics i can fix some ;)